Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxWideners
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Youknow what ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Youknow what ?

There's times I like to just sit and think . Manys the time I think of sad things or maybe things I could have changed till I realize I'm not the one deciding any of that . Yea ...there are things I'd change but that time came and went . I'd like to make a confession that will amaze many here ! I"M NOT PERFECT !!

Yep ! I went on and admitted it ! Now that doesn't clear the way for a free ticket to make more mistakes than I stupidly have to . But times are I like to reflect on what I can do through my Lord and savior Jesus Christ or should I say ...what he can do through me ? I'll let you figure that out I spose . Tomorrow is a bright new day . I'll get my sadness over today to search out tomorrow !

We are all just passing through . Thank you for putting up with me !

………………………….https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k20bNYzQXs4
    No turning back , No turning back !

Thanks, Mr. Boaz, for this post. Being a older citizen myself, I often find myself reflecting on the things I did that I shouldn't have done, and like you said, some of the things that I could have made turn out different. Funny, I can remember the bad things, but none of the good things. I'm sure there were a few, and I'm glad that someone "up there" is keeping score, because right now if I was standing in front of my Maker and he asked me what they were I'd be tongue-tied.

Best I can figure out is that life is a learning experience. I don't think we were born knowing right from wrong, good from evil. We (the lucky ones) received training and guidance from our parents, church, maybe the school we attended, our peers, and had to sort it out as we traveled through life. Sometimes our wrong actions were because we had to make a hurried decision, that point was never covered, or it was a murky area. Funny, I can't remember the murky areas where I made the right decision, but some of the wrong decisions periodically haunt me. But, based on what I have learned and mistakes made, I have to conclude that the Education of Life is going to benefit me in the future. If, as some here believe, there is no future, then what is the point? Why learn? Why change your life around to trying to be a better person?

Passing Through. A great song done by Don Hensley and Jonny Cash on Mr. Cash's last CD. I've listened to it many, many times. I think when you're older the words have special significance for you.

I don't have many regrets, a few yes, times I did stupid things that caused pain and heartbreak.

My biggest regret is that it took me so long to stop making stupid mistakes. And stop repeating them.
    And that I wasted 40 years being stiff necked and stubborn that I could have spent much better with a better understanding and relaionship with my Lord.

But he keeps forgiving me.

I should have listened better to Grandma. Alcohol is wasted on the young. I am just starting to understand how smart you were Grandma Thelma. Miss you.

But overall, I'm pretty content. My cup runneth over.

in Remebrance
    These are heavy thoughts before 8am. Yes I constantly ponder the things I've done and shouldn't have, the things I've said and should have kept it shut, yet stayed quiet when speaking up might have helped someone. Yet still, as GH said, my cup runneth over. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Well heck ! I'm not exactly talking about pistol whippin myself over the time when I was six years old and went down the street playing with Jackie Henry in his yard . His dad had been digging postholes to put up a fence and I decided to see if I could tag bottom with my tennis shoe in one of the holes . Ended up hung up to my scrotum sittin on the dirt panicking for him to go get his mama . She came and tried to pull my leg out getting it 'really' wedged in and so she called the fire department who laughed their heads off digging my leg out as all the neighbors gathered to watch .

Wasn't too long after that I talked Scott Bridges down the street into having a rock fight with a nice pile of really handy size gravel the city had dumped out in the alley for some project and pretty soon we all had a rock war goin on . Course some kid was dumb enough to get hit in the head by a rock I 'accidently' threw and I jumped an Ace fence and sunk a barb in my underarm and was dangling there screaming to Scott to go get my mama to get me off the fence as he stood there with his mouth open watching me bleed out .

Mom finally showed up and got me off the fence and took me to the hospital to get stiches . Later that evening the kid I hit in the head with a rock showed up at our front door with his father and after my parents promised to try and keep me under control dad tore my butt plumb up with that old brown work belt .

Now I ain't smart enough to really know if they had figured out what Attention deficit Disorder was back in the 50's yet but I should have been put on sedatives as a child . This seemed like an endless loop thing for me and me and that old brown work belt of dad's shared a lot of time together while I was growing up .

I'm not talking about beatin myself up but heck trying to remedy a fault can be at least 'modified' by maybe a little self reflection ?
    Last edited by Boaz; 06-25-2018 at 10:09 AM.
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

You hit the nail on the head Charlie, I'm just like you.