RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication

Thread: DPMS Oracle 5.56

Banned

DPMS Oracle 5.56

I just saw an ad for a DPMS Oracle 5.56 for $399 with a $50 mail in rebate. Which brings it down to $350. I had known that these kind of rifles were dropping in price and will probably come down even more. I was just curious about these "cheaper" AR style rifles. I have never owned or even shot a 5.56 or a 223 Remington. But if the price comes down enough I may end up getting one. What do you folks think?

I've got one in .308 and am just fine with it. The safety switch hung up once when brand new but after lubing it has worked flawlessly. This is a slickside with no forward assist or dust cover. Accurate rifle.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master

lgs near me had a sale on them for about the same price as that and had the rebate too, bought 2 and put them away for barter down the road when the prices go through the roof again.

Banned

had a sportical which was the original dmps stripper (basically the same gun) it ran like a watch and was one of the most accurate Ars ive owned. Nice thing to is there a lot lighter then most ars. Wish I wouldn't have sold it but at the time I got about twice what I paid for it.

Boolit Grand Master
    I doubt you can build one for less money. I bought two and gave one to my son.
    Don Verna

Banned

yup trying to build one for under 400 takes a lot of patients waiting on sales. If you are looking at actually buying an AR then id jump at that price

My brother has one it's surprisingly accurate for being a budget priced carbine
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Buddy
    I have a stainless steel one and it is the most accurate AR I have ever owned.

Shooting my cousin's DPMS Oracle started it all for me ( the AR affliction). I looked at the groups and knew I wanted one!

Boolit Master
    A few years back I bought a .223/5.56mm DPMS Carbine new(not a stripped version..has forward assist and port cover).

Pulled the hand-tag off the new rifle and bolted on a new 'El-Cheapo' red dot optic. Took it apart and bore-sighted the upper and it was spot-on as far as bore sight. My son and I took it shooting and it was indeed spot-on!

I was quite impressed by the fact that a DPMS AR carbine(which don't enjoy the best reputation among AR fans) and a cheap Chinese optic fresh from the blister pack mated together without any adjustment and delivered superb accuracy!!

I also have a sportical in .308 and I love it! As mentioned these guns are tight when new. My research showed me you need to disassemble them, clean them then lube the bolt carrier group until oil is almost dripping off the parts, then run 100rds through it. Once done, clean it and lube it like normal and all is fine.
    Per their instructions they want you to fire 20rds, cleaning the bore each round, then run 20 more (I believe) then disassemble and thourougly clean it. Obviously I didn’t follow their instructions!
    They really are fine guns as long as you understand they are tight out of the box and need a little more attention to break in. I’d buy another one in a heartbeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Master
    My example worked good, no real problems at all. Mine had a rather grungy trigger so I upgraded the trigger group after a while. But it works with everything I fired through it.

Boolit Master
    You would have a hard time building one for that. Plus it has become the LEGO's of the firearm world, pop it off and pop it on and you can even get it in colors. I swore I would never, I hated them. Be careful because my first one it appears was a rabbit, then another, then another, then-------.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, the thing about AR's is they breed and you wind up with several.