PBcastcoRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Bullet Master Education

Boolit Buddy

Bullet Master Education

About a year and a half ago I acquired a Bullet Master that had seen better days. Over the course of months I acquired a manual, parts and Electronics to get it running again. Talk about an education...

The rebuild was so much learning how it ran at a basic level and getting the parts needed to replace/rebuild the worn out stuff. Then it was on to replacing missing parts, replacing wiring and rewiring for the new PIDs.

Once it was all together I tested the various systems. They worked on their own, would they work all together?

Well....yes and no. Yes they worked. No as in not like they should. That's when the learning curve got steeper. All the adjustments that Magma makes before they send one out can not be underappreciated. What a trial. Must have taken me two full days and uncounted shear pins to get it set and dropping bullets like it should.

There is something magical about watching and listening to it run. Hearing those bullets drop into the tray makes it all worth while!

Richard

Boolit Master

photos or it did not happen

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seu5O4B.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	222642

Name:	s8x4uJL.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	222643

Name:	PqEns7y.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	222645

Name:	N3bHux6.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	222646

Boolit Master
    Awesome job getting it all working as it should. Can i ask where you got the manual? was it just the one off their website?

One day i hope to build one based loosely on their design, but with more electronics that will no doubt go wrong

Boolit Buddy
    Friend of mine in the UK had the same version that he had sold. Found the manual and sent it to me.

Boolit Bub
    I recently purchased my second Bullet Master.
    I have learned already an immense amount of stuff that I didn't know that I didn't know.

Sadly the pot sizes are not the same.
    The new to me machine has a smaller pot and maybe someday I will buy a larger pot.

Boolit Bub
    I talked to Magma about the larger pot.
    They said the frame on the Mark 5 is smaller so I would have to beef it up for a larger pot.
    I will just use it for the smaller caliber bullets and not worry about the pot size.
    Still makes GREAT BOOLITS!

Boolit Master
    Doesn't it just mean you need to add lead more often? If you're really unhappy with it, i have a shed that would love to be it's new home

Not sure why magma feel you'd need to beef up the unit to handle the bigger pot, the frame will be quite strong as it is, you may just need a modification for the mounting spots for the pot, but that can't be too hard.

Boolit Buddy
    Ausglock put some photos up a while ago. He had a lee 4-20 mounted above another machine. So you can be melting a few ingots down to replenish your master pot as it empties..

Boolit Master
    This one..

Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    I have a mark 5 with all the newer add-ons to it except the big pot and the new bigger fans. It runs very well with boolits up to 255 gr.

The newer machines with the bigger pot and the bigger fans with adjustable baffles to adjust air flow seems great, but I'm not sure if they are so much better than my old one, that I'll buy a new one just now.

Two obvious benefits would be that you may be able to run a bit faster because of the improved fans, and because of the bigger pot you can run a bit longer without adding lead. Since these are not "turn on and walk away machines" anyway, the benefit from this is to me somewhat unclear, except for maybe steadier temp. on the melt.

It would be great if someone could share their experiences with the new machines so maybe I could talk myseld into buying a new one Running two machines, sizing boolits, coating boolits and making ingots at the same time seems a bit stressful but, would get things done!

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk