Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My 3D Printed Extended Magazines

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."

Cardboard Prototype and Pattern

The one to one ratio print outs I made came out spot on in terms of size. I was also able to transfer the patterns to my cardboard stock and make the needed folds. So far so good.

The one thing I didn't take into account was the vertical creases on the side walls of my cardboard or of my upcoming sheet metal prototypes. Right now I'm not completely sure if making those vertical creases will stretch the metal in those particular areas and still leave me with the correct overall dimensions or, if it will cause a slight front to back shrinkage in measurement that I'll have to compensate for by tweaking my CAD models.

I guess the only way to find out is to try. I made sure to print a few of my 1 to 1 patterns to give me some room for error. I'll do the sheet metal cutting and bending within the next couple of weeks as time permits.

HollowPoint

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    They are making laser cutter/engravers cheaper and cheaper; I was given an old one for free, some time ago. Once I move and get it back from the friend who has it, my thought is to cut paper patches and cardboard templates like this with it. (It's just a 30-40W unit, enough for paper though!)

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    At the speed technology is advancing, by the time I get this project done I'm sure there will be one or more inexpensive high-tech gadgets on the market that will make this kind of stuff look like child's play. For now though, I'll just muddle through the trial-and-error way.

HollowPoint

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345