RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: TC 218 Bee fans?

Boolit Master

Cool TC 218 Bee fans?

I picked up a TC barrel in 218 Bee with dies.
    Any suggestions on loads?
    Help appreciated.
    Leadmelter
    MI

Banned

I'm just beginning to delve in to the .218 Bee. Eventually, I'm sure this rifle will become a cast squirrel rifle like my Hornets, but for now, I want to mess with some jacketed bullets for a while.

Boolit Master

12 Grains of IMR 4227, Sierra 45 Grain round nose (1110, I think) Always a good performer. Never could make my Bee's work very well with cast, best luck was with 225438 with a gas check and small doses of RD. Share what you come up with, Good luck
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    218 Bee is one of my favorite rifle rounds. Mine is a 22 inch barrel from MGM on a TC Encore action.I use the NOE WFN gas check boolit...http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...a1c2mt1os43vt5
    in mine for pest control around the house. My load is 11.5 grs. of IMR 4198 with any small rifle primer.It has proven to be a real killer of a load. Over 40 varmints have fallen to it in the last 3 years or so.

For a squirrel load I use the NOE copy of the Lyman 225107 gas check boolit with 2.5 grs of Bullseye powder. This is in my rifle a very accurate load out to a 100 yards.I have a round steel ball about the size of a tennis ball or a bit smaller that hangs from a chain at the 100 yard berm and it is a easy target with this load to hit from a rest.
    I have tried a lot of different loads with a lot of different cast boolits and these two are my favorite.

Banned

I use a very similar load of two grains of Bullseye and the NOE 45 grain WFN in my Hornet for squirrels. Good to hear such loads work well in the Bee as well.

Ruger #1 in Bee here, for jacketed I started with Reloader 7 but found Lil Gun to be better , some old WW 680 worked too but I don't you'll find any of that anymore.
    loading 22 Hornet, 218 Bee, 223 Rem, 22-250, 220 Swift, 6MM Rem, 6.5X55, 7X57, 7-30 Waters, 30-06 , 32-20 Win, 303 British, 38/357 , 12 and 20 gauge