RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Standard HD Military

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Sellers34 View Post
    Thanks for all the good info I will continue my search.
    The contact information above for Alan Aronstein should be your first stop. He's also often on the High Standard section of rimfirecentral.com. That would be a good place to post looking for a sight.

I used to have a HD Military and currently have a different High Standard. Alan's gunsmiths have worked on them both.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sellers34 View Post
    Thanks for all the good info I will continue my search.
    If you don’t find one in a reasonable time, drop me a PM. I used to collect early HS pistols and may be able to help find one in my old contacts. Also Miniature Machine Company (MMC) in Deming, NM used to make a slick little fully adjustable replacement for it. They show up occasionally on fleaBay and other auction sites.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    I’ve owned an HD and Supermatic Citation and kick myself every time I think of them.

Boolit Grand Master
    When I sold my collection of early High Standards, I kept the modern ones I was shooting in casual competition at the time as well as a couple of my favorite early ones such as the Model B my grand uncle bought new and gave my Dad in the early '50s, and a Model HE with King sights and Sanderson grips. Some things I just couldn't stand to let go away.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    I have a HD Military that was missing the take down lever. It's all assembled,, yet,, I can not take it apart. I've discussed this issue off & on over the years with different folks. Including former, long time HS guru Bob Shea. Even he said is was a big problem to take one apart if the take down lever was out & the gun in assembled condition.
    So,,, if ANYBODY here has any good advice on how to do this,,,I'd appreciate any help I may get.
    Believe it or not, you can use a bent thick paper clip. If you can insert it into the lever hole toward the rear of the hole, you can turn it clockwise (toward the front) to push down the plate inside. It may move hard since there is a spring holding it up.
    I currently own 6 different High Standards, including an HD Military and a model B U.S..

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

I found this Sport King M at a local gun show a while back. The seller told me these were used in Viet Nam to clear out the tunnels of the VC. I had no reason to doubt what he said so I gave him the $195 he was asking. It came with 2 military type HS mags. Military type black parkerized finish.

When I got home I got on the internet and discovered, by the SN, it was made in 1983 so, I guess it could never have been in Nam. Barrel is threaded 1/2 X 20.

Don't want to hijack this thread but since all of you HS experts are here I'm wondering if someone can tell me what I have?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hs.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	253341
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12