RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Another round of Kudos for RCBS customer service

Vendor Sponsor

Another round of Kudos for RCBS customer service

For the first time in almost 40 years I got a case stuck in a die that I could not remove
    it was a nearly new RCBS 300 Blackout resizing die .. Lubed cases with Hornady one shot
    Should have stopped there as I noticed the spray pattern looked funny but went on anyway (stupid #1)
    handled a couple of cases and they felt well lubed . (Stupid #2)
    Dumped all 100 cases in the Dillon 650 hopper and went to town .. 3rd case I ripped the rim off .. well this is easy enough
    pull the stem get out the stuck case remover and drill out the primer hole.. Tap.... Whoops the tap strips in the hole.. (stupid #3)
    So now I'm ill .. Call RCBS and explain the issue .. No problem send back the die and $5.00 for return shipping
    Send it off (Die only no stem) in a well padded envelope..
    2.5 weeks later I get back a die complete and RCBS die box
    case removed, die polished we are all good
    Kudos RCBS .. Guess that the reason 75% or more of my reloading equipment is Green or Blue ..SERVICE after the sale
    Last edited by Smoke4320; 06-22-2018 at 03:50 PM.
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

RCBS' CS is stellar....
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Boolit Master

+1 on RCBS CS, just got back a new .40 carbide sizing die. I got a set here with a chip out of the bottom of the sizing die, RCBS said send it in, no questions asked.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master
    I recently bent the tip of a 7mm depriming rod. Bent the lower threaded section and really bent the depriming pin so I question if I can get itout of the threaded portion. RCBS sent me an entire depriming assembly, no cost. Had an interesting discussion with the lady about the construction on their dam. Trying to get it repaired before the next rainy seasod. If The State had built a proper overflow spillway Central California would no be in danger of a catistrofic flood.

Boolit Master

There are too many instances like this for me to mention. Nothing but terrific CS from RCBS. They aren't great about communication. Typically you state a problem, then parts arrive in your mailbox.

Rarely have I needed CS for a defect. Mostly it has been because I've goofed up and broken or lost something. Parts replaced. No charge. Shipped on their dime. Last year, they retrofitted parts on several sets of dies that I own from the 70s, including a 1970 '06 die set. Talk about standing behind their products!

RCBS has always treated me well.

Great to hear. I've been RCBS products since the late 70's. I don't recall ever having to use their customer service, but it's great knowing they do their best.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    After more than 10 years my case trimmer will barely cut any 30 cal. brass. I called late last night, the receptionist took my message and today the rep called me. A new cutter is on the way... no charge!
    Last edited by Tom W.; 08-25-2018 at 01:39 AM.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Called them for a rockchucker pivot pin, sent me one free of charge, received it in less than a week!
    Love RCBS thats why I use there stuff!

Boolit Master
    Most reloading product companies ( except the orange one) generally will do right to their customers. I was having troubles seating gas checks on a Lee boolit a long time ago. I called them and they sent me a blind die configured like my boolit that I could put in my press to assist in seating the checks, no charge. I still prefer RCBS for almost everything however.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Snapped the shoulder bolt on their automatic bench primer, sent an email explaining that I simply overtightened the thing trying to reduce side play in the handle. Got a new one in the mail yesterday, no charge.

I love RCBS products and the one time I needed their CS, they helped me without question, at no charge. I have their progressive Pro 2000 that I bought on CL a while back. They don't make this press any more, as I recall. However, when I called to ask to BUY a part from them, they asked for my address but when I offered my credit card info, they told me it was no charge. Sure enough, the part arrived a few days later and I off and running again.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.