RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Bullseye Camera Ammo Cam"

Steelshooter, what sort of run time do you get with those batteries?
    My fish camera uses a 4 a/h battery and I have a 7 a/h battery and a 12 a/h battery. I was using the 7 a/h battery running just one sonar unit but when I added the second unit I added the 12 a/h battery. Did want to go dead out on the water.
    Don't want to run out of battery at the range either.
    Leo

On posting pics, upload the pics into your computer. When you want to post them just click the Go Advanced button in the lower right corner of this place where you are typing.
    This takes to a plce where you can post pics.
    Scroll down to Manage attachments. A window opens that lets you browse through the pics on your computer.
    You do this by clicking Add Files, browse, upload. Then hit done, My Remington 725 in 280 Remington.
    After a time or two it gets easier.
    Leo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	235856

I got the parts to assemble a shooting camera like Steelshooter built.
    I didn't get the exact same items as Steelshooter listed. Couldn't find most of them on Amazon.
    I got most of the stuff on Ebay. I just searched using the specs of the parts, left off the brand names. Got everything for about the same prices as Steelshooter. I had a bit if trouble with the transmitter and receiver. The first one I bought the seller contacted me and said it was damaged and returned my money. #2 was out of stock. I got that from Amazon.
    The camera #1 didn't work. #2 worked but was not the 2.8 to 12 zoom. These both got sent back. The third order I ordered from China, I bought two just to up the odds of getting a good one. They both work.
    The only cable adapter you need is a RCA male to a BNC male. The cable from the camera is a BNC female. The input to the monitor is an RCA female.
    I got them off Ebay.
    On to how it works, great. The weather here has not been good till today. So I got it out side and played with it I sat the camera/ transmitter in my yard. Took the monitor and receiver in the van and drove up the road about a mile and it still received a good picture.
    It took me longer than I liked but it was worth it.
    East to hook up. everything from the camera to transmitter just plug together with the adapter.
    From the receiver to the monitor was plug and play. The trickiest part was getting the power cables all hooked up right. Had to do some splicing, adding connectors to hook to the batteries.
    Once I got all the parts and figured out the current draw I could figure out run times. The camera and transmitter draws about .36 amps. Using a 2800 mAh battery it should run about 7.7 hours. The monitor/receiver draw about .62 amps. to get the same run time a 4800 mAh battery will give you the same 7.7 hours of run time.
    Plenty for a day of shooting.
    I found Li-ion batteries on Ebay, from China. Most don't list a 2800 mAh battery, so a 3000 mAh at $14.39 with free shipping, A 4800 mAh at $16.49 with free shipping.
    I'll try to get some pics up soon. Got to get batteries for the camera to take pics with.
    Thanks a lot for the idea and parts list Steelshooter.
    Leo

Boolit Buddy
    Your welcome 44mag, it has been awhile since I checked this thread. Your estimates on the batteries run time are close to what I have seen. I am now working on getting just the transmitter, camera and battery set up to use at different ranges using the original receiver and monitor just by switching channels on the receiver. My plan is to set up four cameras, one at 200,300,400,and 500 meters on different channels on the transmitters and change channels on the receiver to the distance I am shooting at. Should save alot of range time moving the one camera to each distance I will be shooting at.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I've been thinking on doing this once I move, and debating whether to run a power cable out to the cameras to power them, or put solar panels by each station to keep them charged, or whatever. Gives me something to think about, it'll depend on whether I will own the land they're on or just be borrowing the land etc.; If someone was building this at a group or public range, they could add a traverse mechanism to the far end, to aim the camera at various targets, another handy thing. (There are cameras used for home security that have X and Y motor drives built in, I have a Panasonic WV-SF332 sitting here, it's low-end compared to most - 1x, 2x, 4x zoom; going to use it for a project soon.)

Also do be aware that it's "not infrequent" for various sellers to "be somewhat optimistic" about the capacity of batteries they sell; A "3500 mAh" battery pack may actually give you 2500 mAh of power or the like. Sad but true, some people lie.

And as a character asked elsewhere, "What in the world is with Chinese companies naming their lines of Lithium-Ion Batteries with 'Fire' in the names? Fire REALLY isn't a good thing, when you're playing with Lithium-Ion batteries!" (If you overcharge them, they tend to object by - you guessed it - Catching fire. In this context, fire is a BAD thing!)

This thread started out and stayed above my head but that's a nice Remington 725 .280! Just saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    This thread started out and stayed above my head but that's a nice Remington 725 .280! Just saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Yep same here!! I would think a 105amp/hr. Boat battery could take care of the power issues.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Banned
    Saved what steelshooter listed. Camera is out of stock got this one:
    HD Pro PC Camera, USB Webcam Camera, Full HD 1080P Camera, Widescreen Video Calling and Recording,Desktop or Laptop Webcam and bigger batter pack:
    DC HOUSE 6800mAh DC 12V Super Rechargeable Emergency Power Li-ion Battery Pack for 12V Devices - Blue. Looking fwd to pics and diagram.
    Txmtr claims 2000 M. range, we shoot steel @1000, might work.
    Thanks !

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by PBlover429 View Post
    Saved what steelshooter listed. Camera is out of stock got this one:
    HD Pro PC Camera, USB Webcam Camera, Full HD 1080P Camera, Widescreen Video Calling and Recording,Desktop or Laptop Webcam and bigger batter pack:
    DC HOUSE 6800mAh DC 12V Super Rechargeable Emergency Power Li-ion Battery Pack for 12V Devices - Blue. Looking fwd to pics and diagram.
    Txmtr claims 2000 M. range, we shoot steel @1000, might work.
    Thanks !
    Please post your results. I am thinking about doing this when I make my ranges. Solar may not be an option with all the trees but will know more once I lay everything out.

Vendor Sponsor

I got a camera and radio free from a destroyed drone..
    Just put the drone innards in a box and you are good to go
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12