Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersLoad Data
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Bullseye Camera Ammo Cam"

Boolit Master

"Bullseye Camera Ammo Cam"

Has anyone bought/tried out these "target cameras"?

Either the "Sight in" model ( up to 300yds)
    or Quality? Performance?
    etc

Tx
    beltfed/arnie

Boolit Buddy
    I don't know about the Bullseye camera system, but I just put one together using drone camera parts. I have not got to try it for distance yet, (still waiting on the batteries) but it works great in my basement running off a 12 volt source. I will let you know when I get a chance to try it out. It is suppose to have a range of 2000 meters. I have about $100 in it.

Boolit Grand Master

A friend has one and it does good . Our club range is south facing so seeing holes in paper can be hard. With this you not only see them it marks the last shot and shows the group both. There is a creek that runs in front of the targets that limits distance w e can set it from the targets so He built a small stand to allow for this and angle the camera more. It works very good and he uses it a lot.

Like most chronographs its in front of the rifle so chances of it getting shot or damaged is high. His has a hole thru the case but it didn't hit anything inside. We wont use it on the gongs either for fear of bullet splatter damaging it.

He uses it on his phone or a tablet but at times a bigger screen would be handy at the firing line. One thing we have done is to place a target on a bench and use some plastic Bingo chips to transfer to actual target size. Better would be some colored disks punched out at bullet dia. A heavy plexiglass ( Lexan) guard would be a benefit. made into a vertical vee and 4-5" taller to set behind it as a protector might be a good idea. With it in front of the targets on a public range it might become a target of opportunity to some.

Vendor Sponsor

I would be building me a nice thick Steel V To set behind the camera to act as a bullet shield/deflector
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    I use the 300 yard one. So far I am impressed with clarity and features. I use an HP laptop I take to range to make notes on. I have the replacement if shot warranty with mine. I still use 1/4" v shield to protect it

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    I would be building me a nice thick Steel V To set behind the camera to act as a bullet shield/deflector
    That was my first thought when I saw this system and still is. IMO it is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when.
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Boolit Buddy
    I have the long range model, without the antenna. Not sure exactly what it is called. I really like the fact that the software allows it to blink and show the last shot and allows you to mark and number shots and show separate groups when shooting at the same target. You could shoot ten, ten shot groups, at the same target and have each group marked and eat shot numbered.

My only complaint is that it is quite direction sensitive, at least at longer ranges. I need to have the back of the box pointed pretty much straight back towards the shooting bench, or it loses signal. You cannot have it down to low, or the back is pointed into the ground, or to far off to the side, or it is pointed left of right. Placing a steel plate on top or behind it, reduces the signal back to the receiving unit. The best protection is to buy their $30 for two year protection package, and be careful.

I have not had the opportunity to use it beyond 500 meters, but once I figured out the "pointing" back to the bench required, I have had no problems.

Jackpine

Boolit Master

I was going to build one but went a different route. My Leopold spotting scope with a good phone lens adapter, my cell phone running as a hotspot and broadcasting via IP webcam, and my iPad on the bench with me. I have a rock solid small tripod that I put the scope/phone on under or just in front of the bench, focused on my target. It's not getting bumped, handled, hit, or anything and i have a nice big view in front of me.

I really liked their shot marking software but wasn't going to pay for just that over a drone camera build. I like that this is in one safe place and the view is outstanding.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't have the Bullseye but bought the Targetvision system. For my needs it suited me better, and wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China
    Domari Nolo

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelshooter View Post
    I don't know about the Bullseye camera system, but I just put one together using drone camera parts. I have not got to try it for distance yet, (still waiting on the batteries) but it works great in my basement running off a 12 volt source. I will let you know when I get a chance to try it out. It is suppose to have a range of 2000 meters. I have about $100 in it.
    Please do.
    I am interested.
    300 yards would do me.
    But staking out watching a spot off away’s could be quite beneficial too.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Steelshooter View Post

How about some pictures and design doc's. I've been toying with building a Target Camera with WiFi/or... RF link to Notebook Computer. Rather build a setup based on actual shooters experience rather than trying to do a one off design myself. Let us see what you've got.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Buddy
    Just tried out the system two days ago at 500 meters and it works fine, nice and clear. I bought all of the parts from amazon. I am putting a parts list together.

Boolit Buddy
    Padarsey 7 Inch LED Backlight TFT LCD Monitor for Car Rearview Cameras, Car DVD, Serveillance Camera, STB, Satellite Receiver and other Video Equipment
    Sold by: lytona
    Return eligible through Jul 17, 2018
    $27.99
    Buy it again

AKK TS832+RC832 5.8G 40CH 2000M Range FPV Audio Video Transmitter and Receiver for FPV Drone
    Sold by: FPV Gadgets Store Product question? Ask Seller
    $29.99

Mini Cameras, Awescam Mini HD 1000TVL CMOS 2.8-12mm Manual Focus Zoom Lens surveillance security CCTV Camera with Audio, Metal shell
    Sold by: awescam
    $25.00
    Buy it again

ECO-WORTHY 12V 2800mAh Super Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Portable Pack US Plug
    Sold by: DC HOUSE Product question? Ask Seller
    $18.99

ECO-WORTHY 12V 2800mAh Super Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Portable Pack US Plug
    Sold by: DC HOUSE Product question? Ask Seller
    $18.99
    Buy it again
    Upgraded the batteries for more power. I had a mini tripod to hold camera and transmitter. Used a lapua brass box to house the camera and transmitter. Bought a case from HF to carry to transport it, 24.99.
    Last edited by Steelshooter; 07-13-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    You will also need several rca connectors to hook everything up. Don't know how to do pictures. Wiring is pretty easy, red positive, black negative, and yellow is video. My son is out of town right now or I would have him post pictures.
    Last edited by Steelshooter; 07-13-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the parts list. Have saved the list in my Amazon "List" account. Pictures would be a help if you could post pics when your Son returns. Thanks.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Looked at this - Makes sense, did you mean to list the battery pack twice, though? Or am I missing something?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    Looked at this - Makes sense, did you mean to list the battery pack twice, though? Or am I missing something?
    You need one battery for the transmitter and camera and one battery for the receiver and monitor.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Aah, OK, makes sense then. I have so much 12V power source stuff that it's not an issue :P Thank you!

Boolit Master

I have had one for a couple of years and it has been great. It is much better than a spotting scope. I added a better directional antenna to the 300 yd model and have not been able to get far enough away from it to make it not work.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Thnx for the info much appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast