Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

With what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. MATTHEW 7:2
    This statement is not some haphazard theory, but it is an eternal law of God. Whatever judgment you give will be the very way you are judged. There is a difference between retaliation and retribution. Jesus said that the basis of life is retribution— “with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.” If you have been shrewd in finding out the shortcomings of others, remember that will be exactly how you will be measured. The way you pay is the way life will pay you back. This eternal law works from God’s throne down to us (see Psalm 18:25-26).
    Romans 2:1 applies it in even a more definite way by saying that the one who criticizes another is guilty of the very same thing. God looks not only at the act itself, but also at the possibility of committing it, which He sees by looking at our hearts. To begin with, we do not believe the statements of the Bible. For instance, do we really believe the statement that says we criticize in others the very things we are guilty of ourselves? The reason we see hypocrisy, deceit, and a lack of genuineness in others is that they are all in our own hearts. The greatest characteristic of a saint is humility, as evidenced by being able to say honestly and humbly, “Yes, all those, as well as other evils, would have been exhibited in me if it were not for the grace of God. Therefore, I have no right to judge.”
    Jesus said, “Judge not, that you be not judged” (Matthew 7:1). He went on to say, in effect, “If you do judge, you will be judged in exactly the same way.” Who of us would dare to stand before God and say, “My God, judge me as I have judged others”? We have judged others as sinners— if God should judge us in the same way, we would be condemned to hell. Yet God judges us on the basis of the miraculous atonement by the Cross of Christ.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Amen and thank you for a much needed lesson.

Very good lesson. Thanks Ronnie.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

I meditated on this yesterday. Seems that, since I am hopeless, 100% guilty, if He truly judges me as I judge others I'm better off! It's Christ that makes me acceptable, I can't.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

As you sow, so shall you reap.

Great lesson and a good reminder of why we should not judge.

We should understand, empathize, be sympathetic.

If you look inside your heart, find those memorys that have been locked away because of the pain involved with them. Look at the situation again as Jesus would. See where their pain comes from. See why they got discouraged, depressed and lashed out at those they loved. Once you can truly see it from both sides it is easier to forgive and forget, and then your sins can be forgiven as well.

It is my belief that holding ill will in your heart for a person for any length of time poisons the well.
    Like storing nucuear fuel rods and hazerdouz waste. That stuff will eat through any container, leak, find other nasty stuff, eat it loose and combine to make something truly horrendous. All of which renders the heart unable to be a fit home for the Holy Spirit.

It is hard enough to be a good christian with the Holy Spirit helping. It has to be 10 times harder without.

Clean house, keep your heart clean. It is totally ok to love. But don't hate. Don't hold grudges, don't be jealous.

I won't say it is easy. But if you can ever get your heart sparkling clean, invite the Holy Spirit in, ask for forgiveness and guidance. Well peace like a river makes it all worth while in my opinion.

Boolit Grand Master

"Clean house, keep your heart clean. It is totally ok to love. But don't hate. Don't hold grudges, don't be jealous.

I won't say it is easy. But if you can ever get your heart sparkling clean, invite the Holy Spirit in, ask for forgiveness and guidance. Well peace like a river makes it all worth while in my opinion."

I'm not sure you meant exactly what you said, but that is exactly what I cannot do - get my heart clean. God is the only one who can do that - all I have to do is open myself up to Him.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

Keep stepping on our toes! Thanks Ronnie!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan