Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ambush Flag Replacement 2018

Boolit Grand Master

Ambush Flag Replacement 2018

A warehouse I pick up from occasionally had an old flag out front that had seen better days.

Attachment 222486

Today I happened to be going by so stopped for a few minutes and changed the flag to a new one.

Attachment 222487

Much Better. If everyone replaced just one flag that they see needs to be replaced it would help out quite a bit

#PROUDLYSHEWAVES
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Much Better. If everyone replaced just one flag that they see needs to be replaced it would help out quite a bit

#PROUDLYSHEWAVES
    I commend you for what you did, you are a better person than me.

Personally I believe anyone flying a flag that bad gets one warning from a pissed of veteran (me). Then if after a week it is not replaced or at least taken down, I take the flag down and cut the rope. My thoughts are if they cant respect the flag enough to replace it when needed then they dont need to fly it at all.

I also put a pic of their flag and their phone number on the dysfunctional veterans facebook page. Usually they get enough calls from pissed off Vets that they rectify the situation on their own.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Dignified? I signed up for brave and courageous, not dignified!

Banned

Nice work

Moderator Emeritus

With the winds I deal with my flag gets replaced yearly. Right now it is down, the snap clips to the rope broke in the last wind storm... and the wind shredded the new flag I put up this spring... *sigh* had 75mph straight line winds...

Boolit Grand Master

Good on you! Nice way to show respect.

That is setting an example.

Well done.

Boolit Grand Master

Remember that that flag, no matter how tattered and worn, is still personal property. To remove it without permission and cut the rope is breaking the laws it represents.
    Publishing a picture and the phone # is a great idea that will likely get the results you request. Some secretary is gonna get really tired of the shamming and will, in turn, pass it own until there is a correction.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Remember that that flag, no matter how tattered and worn, is still personal property. To remove it without permission and cut the rope is breaking the laws it represents.
    Publishing a picture and the phone # is a great idea that will likely get the results you request. Some secretary is gonna get really tired of the shamming and will, in turn, pass it own until there is a correction.
    You're absolutely right, but I'd be more than happy to pay the fine or spend the night in jail to respect the flag I served under. If the phone call shaming doesn't do the trick, Im sure the article in the local paper and possibly the local news article about why a disabled war vet was cited / arrested will get the point across.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jake McCracken View Post
    You're absolutely right, but I'd be more than happy to pay the fine or spend the night in jail to respect the flag I served under. If the phone call shaming doesn't do the trick, Im sure the article in the local paper and possibly the local news article about why a disabled war vet was cited / arrested will get the point across.

I agree 100%

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Untold part of the story is that the flag is mine. I put it up a year ago and just recently went that way again.
    Besides, anyone that lets a flag get to that condition doesn't care enough about to bother someone replacing and if they do then too bad

Boolit Master
    I commend your patriotism jonp.

I usually replace my flag twice each year. Bought the replacement this year a few weeks before Memorial Day. Spent just shy of $50 on a 3' x 5' that's supposed to be of commercial quality. How colorfast it is remains to be seen, but there sure is a batch of extra stitching/reinforcement on it. Hoping it will look good till next Memorial Day.

The one I replaced is still in pretty good shape. Will see if I can find a neighbor who can use it.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Buddy

Very nice jonp. I have problems with the ratty flag folks but never crossed my mind to do that. Thank you

Boolit Master

Thank You!!

Boolit Buddy

Just FYI, some VFW posts sell top quality embroidered flags at cost. I know the ones local to me do. Also if you need to get an old one retired they handle that too.

For those on a Budget, i noticed Harbor Freight has embroidered flags. Not sure where they are made or how long they hold their color. But the price is right.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    I commend your patriotism jonp.

I usually replace my flag twice each year. Bought the replacement this year a few weeks before Memorial Day. Spent just shy of $50 on a 3' x 5' that's supposed to be of commercial quality. How colorfast it is remains to be seen, but there sure is a batch of extra stitching/reinforcement on it. Hoping it will look good till next Memorial Day.

The one I replaced is still in pretty good shape. Will see if I can find a neighbor who can use it.
    If you replace one at that interval why not call your Congressman and have him fly one over The White House for you? It's a constituent service all Congressman perform and they will send it to you with a certificate. You can even specify a date. I had one flown for an ex-girlfriend who was getting married on her wedding day and dedicated it to them with something else. Quality flags made in The USA, Annon flags I think. I have 2 of them which I fly on Memorial Day, Flag Day and Independence Day.

As for my regular flags, I fly 7 at my house, I order them for about $2 each on Ebay. I prefer the cheap polyester printed ones as they fly in any breeze. They last about 2 months and I replace them. My wife and I burn them at home with a modified ritual that is the correct way to dispose of a flag along with a salute as I was a Paratrooper.

One of the flags we fly is rotated with different historical flags or an Israeli Flag. Green Mountain Boy Flag, Betsy Ross, The First official flag which has a Union Jack in the corner, Flag flown over President Washington's HQ at Valley Forge, etc
    Last edited by jonp; 06-22-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Boolit Master
    If you replace one at that interval why not call your Congressman and have him fly one over The White House for you? It's a constituent service all Congressman perform and they will send it to you with a certificate. You can even specify a date. I had one flown for an ex-girlfriend who was getting married on her wedding day and dedicated it to them with something else. Quality flags made in The USA, Annon flags I think. I have 2 of them which I fly on Memorial Day, Flag Day and Independence Day.

As for my regular flags, I fly 7 at my house, I order them for about $2 each on Ebay. I prefer the cheap polyester printed ones as they fly in any breeze. They last about 2 months and I replace them. My wife and I burn them at home with a modified ritual that is the correct way to dispose of a flag along with a salute as I was a Paratrooper.

One of the flags we fly is rotated with different historical flags or an Israeli Flag. Green Mountain Boy Flag, Betsy Ross, The First official flag which has a Union Jack in the corner, Flag flown over President Washington's HQ at Valley Forge, etc
    Didn't know about deal to have one flown over the White House; good to know.

I've bought Annon before. This one was from Eder Flags in Wisconsin.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Moderator Emeritus

Even the heavy Annon flags don't last here, if I get a full year I am doing good...

A warehouse I pick up from occasionally had an old flag out front that had seen better days.

Attachment 222486

Today I happened to be going by so stopped for a few minutes and changed the flag to a new one.

Attachment 222487

#PROUDLYSHEWAVES
    Know how you feel Jon.
    Have one word for you: Trespassing
    No good deed goes unpunished. Be safe.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    Know how you feel Jon.
    Have one word for you: Trespassing
    No good deed goes unpunished. Be safe.
    Intrare Me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast