RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Pacific DL-105 ???

Pacific DL-105 ???

Anybody have a picture of this press ( Pacific DL-105) ? I am looking at one and am not familiar with them at all. Can you still get parts and what are they worth? Are they dependable or junk? I really don't have a clue
    Thanks in advance
    Doug
    Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better !!

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    It's very similar to a 600JR.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=309716

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Thanks that is the kind of info I was looking for
    Doug
    Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better !!

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    http://pacificreloaders.awardspace.c...c%20DL-105.htm

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Grand Master
    As for quality, the DL-105 I used years ago with my kid brother loading 20 ga cases for his Savage pump and later for a single shot we had at scout camp. It was sold when he sold the gun, but I never had a second's trouble with it... and I was sorry to see it go. I later acquired another 20 ga loader, this time a MEC 600 Jr. I really don't see that much difference between them and would be equally willing to use either one. The only downside is that the Pacific seems to be discontinued so getting parts for it might be a bit of a challenge, otherwise it would be pretty much of a tossup between them.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Poke RogerDat, I just sold him one, there were some spare parts that he might be willing to part with. Powder and shot bushings I suspect could be made relatively easy.

I gave 25 for one a while back. Needs some cleaning, but solid. Less the bottles. I aint used it yet though.

I have a catalog with a parts list, I could scan it an post a photo if you are interested.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Hornady still has some parts for these machines.

Rather than go the DL105 or 155 route, find a DL266 they are the Cadilac of single stage loaders and generally don't cost any more than the others. Ebay or www.trapshooters.com is a good place to look. MY 12 ga DL266 cost me $50 and it was nearly new. My .410 DL266 cost me $250 mainly because of the .410 part.

Here's pics, The red one is .410, blue is 12ga.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Joe Clarke View Post
    I have a catalog with a parts list, I could scan it an post a photo if you are interested.

Have a blessed day,

Leon
    I'm interested.

Boolit Master
    You can save a lot of potential hassel and uncertainty by buying an MEC. The 600 and the Sizemaster are still in production and parts are easy to come by. Thirty or 40 years from now they will still be going strong.
    EDG

Will post the scan later this morning.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Photos you requested, from the Pacific reloading tools catalog, 1976. I hope you find this useful.

Leon

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    A very sturdy, simple machine that I can't imagine a normal person ever wearing out. Except for the wad guide fingers that can be broken, there is virtually nothing to wear out. As far as bushings the current DL-366 press bushings are identical plus there are 100s on ebay. I have 3 of the presses, 12, 20 and 28 gauge. Only problems have been induced by me doing something stupid. Loaded thousands on the 12 gauge over the many years. I'll take these old obsolete presses over ANY MEC any day of the week. And yes, I have used MEC and don't particularly like them.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

No authority on shot shell reloading presses but I did just pick up a Pacific DL-105 from 15 meter and some parts are still available from Hornady. Not all but some parts can be ordered. Same as an older MEC 650 the parts may not be 100% available or can sometimes have a premium cost due to being small runs but not much wears out. And many are still in production at same prices. E.g Primer seating cup. The old ones are gauge specific, new ones all fit same hole. No difference in price but you do need to call to insure you get the right part number.

MEC you buy different load bars for different weights of shot, and only the powder bushing is swapped out. So you buy a 7/8 oz. bar, a 1 oz. bar, an 1 1/8 oz. bar, and 1 1/4 oz. bar then bushings sized for correct powder weight. The Pacific uses a single bar and you just swap out bushings for both powder and shot (A & B in diagram posted above). So for a limited production set up you can save a bit on the bushing only Pacific over the bar and bushing MEC. Retail prices the cost of the two bushings is about same as price of MEC bar without powder bushing. Hornady still sells bushings that fit the Pacific DL-105.

I will say the MEC 600's are ubiquitous so you are I think more likely to see one. With high shipping costs for a press if you can purchase at local gun show or estate sale or F to F from a member it saves a lot. Essentially whatever you find locally that is complete and in good working order may determine the "best" for you to purchase when you factor in $25 or $35 shipping costs. If you need parts they are probably available but it is probably easier to buy working and complete. Unless someone gives you a really good deal

Both MEC and Hornady / Pacific had good customer service. Shipping from MEC was reasonable MFRB was a couple of dollars more than carrying to PO myself would cost.
    Last edited by RogerDat; 07-11-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat