Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22lr Pinch Trimming

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbench View Post
    I was trimming some heavy jackets today and remembered my promise to show some video of the process. In this video the jackets are being trimmed at about 1000 pounds of pressure, but as soon as it reaches that pressure the auto reverse kicks in and retracts the ram. This process makes the length very accurate and after trimming thousands of jackets this way, the punch and die is still sharp. It's a little tricky to set up as you adjust the ram with enough pressure to get the jacket to shear, then you have to tweak it a little higher, then adjust the auto reverse pressure to be just under this set pressure. Sounds complicated, but it is pretty easy after you do it a few times.

To be fancy, I'm also using the load sensor to adjust the ram up some and stop to allow me to load a new jacket to be trimmed.

Not going to win any Academy Awards, but you can see it at: https://youtu.be/qMpjTyOtJEY
    I love the idea of a pressure cutoff. Great stuff. I wonder if a person could use a spring let off for a hand press. Don't know if springs are as reliable for pressure sensitivity.

Super Moderator

Please keep it on topic here guys. There's a lot of good info here.

Boolit Man
    Thanx, looked at their site found a page without prices then their full price list which didn't seem to have that part listed. At $249 cheaper to buy than try and reinvent the wheel.
    For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions. 2 Timothy 4:3

Boolit Buddy

Huey,

Their webpage isn't the easiest to navigate, but if you go to their secure shopping cart, you will see everything they sell along with prices. The R dies are what work with a regular reloading press.
    Zbench

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12