RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: 35 Remington Load Data

Boolit Mold

Post 35 Remington Load Data

I am loading up some cast bullets to shoot in my Remington model 81. I am using a 200 gr cast round nose and wanted to use Hodgdon BLC(2) I couldn't find much data on this powder other than
    starting load 38 Gr and max load 41.5 gr. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Boolit Master
    Let me start by saying welcome to the forum.

I am new to reloading for the 35Rem. I do not know anything about BLC powder. Give it a day I am sure you will get your answers here from others. I will be keeping an eye on this thread for myself. Good luck.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    A bit heavy for the Mod 81.
    I suggest starting about 35.0, expect to top out about 40.0.
    I’m using 39.0 with a RCBS 200fngc that casts to 218gr. I shooting them in a Marlin M336. They chrono 2,050fps. Cast bullets typically run about 50-100fps faster than jacketed.

Boolit Master

Not really a help to the exact question but as a point of interest..... A couple of years ago, during a load development for a planned pig hunt with my 336, I was testing (velocity and accuracy) various powders with the Sierra 200gr RN. My notes showed 1893fps average with 38grs BLC(2) and 1.5" at 50yds. Recently I planned a repeat of the test with the RCBS 200gr, and have them loaded up, but haven't shot them yet.

Semper Fi

Boolit Master
    I have used BL-C2 in the .35 but in a Marlin 336C at what we might call +P levels. Velocity was good, accuracy OK. Very temperature sensitive, moderate loads at 40F turned into high pressure with sticky extraction at 90+F. Muzzle flash and muzzle blast very unpleasant. I use Accurate 2015 and suggest Hodgdon Leverevolution. THe .35 in the Rem 81 will not take kindly to hotrodding. BL-C2 works best at 'Higher Pressures'. Best accuracy is with A2015 or Reloder 7, another good powder for the .35, both are happy at milder pressures. I have BL-C2 but when I run out, I will replace with TAC.
    Last edited by MostlyLeverGuns; 06-22-2018 at 09:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Is this 200 gr rn the Lyman bullet ? If so they don't really take too well to being pushed hard due to the grossly undersized nose/bore ride section on it . But anyways I agree with the above post blc2 likes higher pressures to be at its best . If you have another powder that would probably work better .

Tim
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

IMR 3031 will make that 81 happy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk