WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Repackbox

View Poll Results: Who is king of the 32s?

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • 32 S&W Long

24 9.68%
  • 32 H&R Mag

71 28.63%
  • 327 Federal Mag

80 32.26%
  • 32-20 WCF

61 24.60%
  • Other

15 6.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: King of the 32s?

Boolit Grand Master

One thing I forgot to add, after filling, I throw 20 charges before measuring.

Well it is here!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ruger32A.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	223960
    .32 H&R mag new in box, still had some kind of plastic disk behind the cylinder.

Name:	ruger32b.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	223961

Trigger is awesome, sights look good. Be a day or two before I can shoot it.

Name:	ruger32holster.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	223962

Grips are "almost" beefy for my hands. Rock solid grip, certainly no complaints about the look.

Love the "open loading gate with hammer down and cylinder is free.

Thank you Ruger! I'm head over heels over this one.

Couple of days should tell me what it will do shooting wise.
    At this point all I have to feed it with is .32sw longs. Couple of different bullet sizes and styles.
    Call me a very happy camper.

Better check your throats. They seem to run big. I have the same gun and my throats will take a .315 pin gauge. My single seven will take a .314. I run .314 bullets in both. The accuracy is pretty good in both.

Boolit Master

Nice wheelgun GH!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

I'll be feeding it with .314's. I have both the Lee .314 90 gr TC, and I have also had good luck with sizing 00 buckshot through a .314 sizing die and loading those for plinking loads.

I'll be checking throats this morning.

Boolit Master

I bought the ss version of the Charter Arms Patriot with a 2.5" tube for my wife. She loves it. Light gun and fits her hand perfectly. She loves the way it handles and she is pretty good shot with it. The recoil does not bother her as she is athletic and has a heavy bone structure. She works out 3 1/2 days a week and is down to 160 lbs from well over 230 when she was more than chubby 10 years ago. She carries it when walking her dog as we have a serious coyote situation here in West Las Vegas in the foothills. Sometimes they keep advancing in spite of loud yelling and an aerosol boat horn and only a shot in the ground at their feet makes them retreat. Her dog is an Australian Shepard and runs toward the coyotes as she wants to play with them. I have had to fire a warning shot on a few evenings when I was walking my dog. The coyotes see my Sgt. Rambo as a light snack at 12 lbs. However he does alert me to their presence and then scoots behind me as they scare the dickens out of him. I am awaiting the inevitable silly mom who leaves her toddler alone in the yard whilst she yaps on the phone ignoring her charge when a coyote lopes on by and grabs up a snack. It is only a matter of time.……….
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Grand Master

GhostHawk;
    That Ruger Bisley looks like a DANDY! I predict a GOOD shooter if you are able to match the cylinder throats with your cast bullets. I had a Single Six .32 H&R with 4 5/8” barrel and it was an excellent performer with both .313” and .314” home cast bullets. It made a dandy field pistol, too.

Dale53

Boolit Master
    Crash, probably a silly question from a county boy, but why intentionally miss the critter. When I am walking, if I see a coyote I AM going to do my best to kill it! But then I live on a farm in the country, your situation is obviously different. Just wondering what is the "lay of the land" in your area??
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Ghost hawk, in my opinion you just got yourself the king of the 32s!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Texas I have to agree. King for me for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    I'll be feeding it with .314's. I have both the Lee .314 90 gr TC, and I have also had good luck with sizing 00 buckshot through a .314 sizing die and loading those for plinking loads.

I'll be checking throats this morning.
    what's your charge for the lee? I haven't received my pistol yet but ups shows it delivered to my FFL. I was thinking id start at 5.25 of tite group , for no real reason.

Boolit Grand Master

zymguy;
    That load is WAY over the max according to Hodgdon's web site. Remember, this revolver is chambered for .32 H&R Magnum and will also be used with .32 S&W Longs.

Folks, let's be safe!

FWIW
    Dale53

Boolit Grand Master

zymguy has a 327 federal handgun. I've never tried that particular bullet, but I've never had good results with anything that light. I would start at 4 grains, and wouldn't go past 5.5 grains. I find most faster powders perform better at or below the listed starting load in 327.

Quote Originally Posted by zymguy View Post
    what's your charge for the lee? I haven't received my pistol yet but ups shows it delivered to my FFL. I was thinking id start at 5.25 of tite group , for no real reason.
    2 grains of Red Dot, but those are low because I shoot them in the H&R 732 double action 2.5" barrel.

I have no desire for more bang, working on less actually as long as I can maintain accuracy.

I'm sure in the Ruger I could go to 3 but I have zero desire for more speed/power.
    Feeling and sounding like a .22lr is perfect for me.

FYI this is what 2 grains of Red Dot below a Lee .314 90 gr TC bullet looks like at the range.

Shot at 20 feet. Right arm is resting on a small bag by my elbow.

Name:	ruger326shots.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	224046

Second picture is 00 buckshot run through a .314 sizing die, given a single light coat of BLL, and loaded.

Name:	ruger325shots.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	224047

All shot exactly where I expected within an inch.
    Top of sights was roughly halfway between the 2" stick on bullseye and the bottom of the orange.

My impression, this ruger is a fricking LASER!

It will stack them as close as you can hold it.

Happy? ROFLMAO, does not even come close to describing what I am feeling.
    King of the 32's indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale53 View Post
    zymguy;
    That load is WAY over the max according to Hodgdon's web site. Remember, this revolver is chambered for .32 H&R Magnum and will also be used with .32 S&W Longs.

Folks, let's be safe!

FWIW
    Dale53
    good looking out. I should state 327 fed mag. Lyman has the 100g saeco max 5.3
    93 g lee max 5.5

Boolit Grand Master

Yeah, I have to keep reminding myself to ALWAYS mention the caliber of brass when I am suggesting loads. But, we are all human and humans are not robots, are we).

FWIW
    Dale53

Boolit Master

It is a fully developed single family residential area and most of the home are framed with particle board and then chicken wire and stucco exteriors. Most handgun bullets will penetrate this barrier like hot butter. There is not much grass. A lot of gravel and stone landscaping along with the level of the ground dropping away from building make hitting a hard surface at the bottom of a slope will deflect right into that house. Or your stray bullet may hit his 126,500 Tesla parked in the driveway. So at all time I am aware of what is behind my target in in every case I dropped into the prone to get the angle up into the sky behind my target. It puzzled the coyotes as the move was not expected and slowed them down a step or two. I will tell you that a quality 9 MM HP will take out a coyote DRT if you hit the right area. A gut or leg shot will not do. Even a head shot can bounce off. Ya gotta go for the low neck area and shoulders and upper torso. Ya want to kill his heart fast or break his spine or turn his brain to jello. Taking out one usually causes his buddies to change direction fast so having a decent handgun or short and fast handling shotgun is important as they may just run by you. Big Surprise for me one late afternoon. I shot him with a .45 at about 8 feet. DRT.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

.32 faves? 6" barrel Bernadelli and of course, the 6" 1849 Colt.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just for grins, here are my stainless 327, a custom based on a Model 66 and a put-together homage Model 16-3 based on an original K-32 bbl and a donor Model 14-3. Which is King? The one I’m shooting right then, of course!

Froggie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F7678C66-C92E-4D50-8D04-7DEFCD370870.jpg  
    "It aint easy being green!"

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast