WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Top Punch 329

Boolit Bub

Top Punch 329

Help. I have a few hundred cast boolits, 311329, and I don't have the top punch for them. Lyman no longer makes it. Anybody have one I could borrow to run these bullets through? I'll pay postage both ways and a handling charge. Or, is there another way around this problem. I no longer have the mold so I won't be casting these again. The top punches I do have are too wide and it flattens the point. The bullet is similar in style to US .30 cal 173 gr BT except has a flat bottom and gas check. Thank you, Dennis

Boolit Master
    If your top punches are not used for anything else, would you be willing to "sacrifice" one? It you take some epoxy paste and insert it into the top punch, you can "form" your own custom fit job. Insert the uncured top punch in your press, place the boolit on the ram, as you normally would, and raise the ram. Just short of flattening the tip should do it; just remember to leave the boolit in the die until the epoxy sets up. Oh, and don't forget the release agent; Pam or Crisco should work fine.

HTH,

Kevin
    History will record, with the greatest astonishment, that those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

The problem with Liberals is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Bub
    I have this punch and am willing to let u borrow it PM me with your address and I will send no need for a handling charge if you pay shipping will be fine