WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

The Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends. JOB 42:10
    A pitiful, sickly, and self-centered kind of prayer and a determined effort and selfish desire to be right with God are never found in the New Testament. The fact that I am trying to be right with God is actually a sign that I am rebelling against the atonement by the Cross of Christ. I pray, “Lord, I will purify my heart if You will answer my prayer— I will walk rightly before You if You will help me.” But I cannot make myself right with God; I cannot make my life perfect. I can only be right with God if I accept the atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ as an absolute gift. Am I humble enough to accept it? I have to surrender all my rights and demands, and cease from every self-effort. I must leave myself completely alone in His hands, and then I can begin to pour my life out in the priestly work of intercession. There is a great deal of prayer that comes from actual disbelief in the atonement. Jesus is not just beginning to save us— He has already saved us completely. It is an accomplished fact, and it is an insult to Him for us to ask Him to do what He has already done.
    If you are not now receiving the “hundredfold” which Jesus promised (see Matthew 19:29), and not getting insight into God’s Word, then start praying for your friends— enter into the ministry of the inner life. “The Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends.” As a saved soul, the real business of your life is intercessory prayer. Whatever circumstances God may place you in, always pray immediately that His atonement may be recognized and as fully understood in the lives of others as it has been in yours. Pray for your friends now, and pray for those with whom you come in contact now.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Grand Master

Thank You! I needed that reminder.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

The atoning work of Christ on the cross is in fact an absolute gift of God, Amen.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the scripture and word this morning - Sometimes this guy puts a fine point on it, or makes a distinction that my 66 year old mind hasn't made yet. I am always grateful for the additional perspective . . .
    Being human is not for sissies.

"I have to surrender all my rights and demands, and cease from every self-effort. I must leave myself completely alone in His hands,"

This is the issue that I and many like me struggle with. I worry, if it is in HIS hands why am I worried?

Because a part of me is trying to take back control after I gave it up.

Because perhaps a part of me was not comfortable giving up all that control?
    Many of us are not.

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

A part of us is I believe at times perverse. We do not want to trade our heaven burdens for a light one.
    We stumble, fail and fall daily. At times hourly. And yet we continue to seek the right path. We can't walk it well, but we want to.

Lord I have failed on so many levels. I know you are there beside me, helping me through the hard spots. Carrying me at times. I know because your abundance surrounds me. Help me to do better, be better than I am. Guide me in the path's of Rightiousness Lord. Set in me a new spirit. One that is obedient to you.
    I hear you Lord, and I am trying, but I am foolish. I am afraid that I will forfeit your salvation.
    Help me to slow down and hear you better Lord. As in all things, thy will be done Lord, on earth as it is in heaven.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Working trade 'deals' with GOD is a joke . We have nothing ...he has all . Ask and accept . No more need be said .
    No turning back , No turning back !