RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Paper patch bullets and silhouettes.

Boolit Buddy
    It was good to meet you Jim. You have got that 40 singing with those paper patch bullets. By rights you shoulda shot a master score on Saturday. To further drive your point home Jim I have never shot a master score with grease groove ammo. My rifle even with its standard Sami spec chamber seems to prefer the bore diameter PP loads. My best scores have consistently come from my paper patch loads. Flatsguide Jim is right. 27 is a good score. You are doing very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was glad to meet you too, Ian. It's always nice to be able to put a face with the name and more so to get to talk some with you about my favorite subject, paper patched bullets.

Your doing well with load paper patching and it will only get better because you'll continue to work at it. Things have to be working pretty darn well to shoot master class scores and more than a couple times to make it into master class. Well done.

I just need to work on my offhand, definitely my weakness. I just plain and simple need to hit more chickens and I know that. On Saturday I missed a pig! and that cost me my 3rd score. I have no idea what happened. My count is up on the turkeys and the rams with ppb over what I ever had with gg.

I don't think good, as in match winning, paper patch loads just happen, but I do believe there are some very basic rules to follow to improve the chances for success. At least that's the way it's been for me. I got lucky with my .45-90 Shiloh in that when I made the switch from greasers that rifle took to ppb like a duck to water and as I learned it only got better.

I have done some pretty good shooting with grease groove bullets in the past, but nothing nearly as good as what paper patched has done for me. I believe they are superior to grease groove once mastered and that is especially true at long range. More important than that is the cool factor and nothing beats paper patched bullets in that area, everyone notices when you win a match with paper patched!

DT

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234