RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What LEE mold do you not use, but won't even consider parting with?

What LEE mold do you not use, but won't even consider parting with?

Just for fun...
    What LEE mold do you own and not use, but won't even consider parting with? I'll start off, mine is a 90354 358-150gr-SWC
    Though I like heavier boolits for my 357's the ones this mold drops are just so dang perfect and cute, how could I ever live without it? I just love the looks of the straight ogive, which is odd considering I absolutely hate truncated cone types.
    Hey I never said it made any sense, it just is what it is Besides, I am fairly certain I sleep better nights knowing I have it just because LOL.
    Safe and happy shooting!
    MagLvr
    The .357 Magnum......
    Major Douglas Wesson, using factory loads, which were a 158 gr. soft lead bullet, traveling 1515 fps, from an 8 3/4" barreled S&W, producing 812 ft. lbs of muzzle energy.
    Antelope - 200 yards (2 shots)
    Elk - 130 yards (1 shot)
    Moose - 100 yards (1 shot)
    Grizzly Bear - 135 yards (1 shot).

It kind of makes one wonder, why today, it will bounce off anything bigger than a rabbit

Boolit Master
    I have a Lee DC .41 Cal 240 grain SWC that I seldom use, but would never want to give up.

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    A young man gave me a Lee 452-228-1R and a 4 cav Lyman 452374 with the nutcracker handles. They had been his grandfather's. I will never part with them, unless he decides, he wants them.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

I have two LEE .410-240-SWC's, 1 single and 1 double cavity. I pull them out once a year and I will never part with them.
    "Adults are the children and the children are the adults" Jules my wife.

All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. — Daniel Boone

Democracy is defended in 3 stages: Ballot Box, Jury Box, Cartridge Box. — Ambrose Bierce

A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie. — Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Black Rifles Matter

NRA Life Member, SAF Member, GOA Member, TFA Member

Boolit Master

lee 137gn 358 swc hollow point single cavity.

i've moved on to round flats but will keep the hp.
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Interesting, 2 people picked the LEE .410-240-SWC, I had no idea this one was ever made, I bet the 41 mag loved that! I lost my love of the 41 a few years back and sold off all things related to it. The original magnum is my love, and always was my #1. But if I was still a 41 guy i'd be scouring the cracks looking for a LEE .410-240-SWC for sure! Sounds like a winner!
    The .357 Magnum......
    Major Douglas Wesson, using factory loads, which were a 158 gr. soft lead bullet, traveling 1515 fps, from an 8 3/4" barreled S&W, producing 812 ft. lbs of muzzle energy.
    Elk - 130 yards (1 shot)

It kind of makes one wonder, why today, it will bounce off anything bigger than a rabbit

Boolit Grand Master

C277-125-R and TL314-85-WC
    Charter Member #148

Lee soupcan , don't use it much anymore but soon as I get it out the door i'll need it, so it's a sleeping keeper for sure.
    Keep breathing , it's good for ya...

Boolit Master

Probably the 459-500-3R Postell. Our club range only goes out to 300M and it's around 90 miles to anyplace with more distance so I don't really have much need of a 'long-range' boolit for my .45-70s. But, as they say: 'It's paid for and don't eat nuthin'." so I'll hang onto it...may head back to New Mexico come fall and, if I do, I just might stop off at Raton for a day or two.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Banned
    .358 158GR SWC (HP) GC 90485 1 LEE
    .429 240 GR SWC (HP) 90487 1 LEE
    OK not a lee but I love the old .429 250gr HP 429421BW 1 LYMAN

I see no need for hollow pointed lead boolits, you can do major damage by just playing with the alloy. You can cast a boolit out of 2 alloys, a harder alloy for the driving bands and a softer alloy for the nose (this is a slow but effective proces)

Boolit Master
    Lee 356-120 tc WITH regular lube groves , I have it just right for all my 9 mm's and my wife loves shooting them to .

Great responses, so many LEE molds I had no clue ever existed.
    The .357 Magnum......
    Elk - 130 yards (1 shot)

I still have several of the Lee group buy custom molds that have never been used. No plans to use them, as MP and NOE now offer most of those designs.
    Tony

Boolit Buddy
    An old 116 gr .429 Wadcutter. Cast great, sharp shouldered wadcutters. Played with some cat sneeze 44 mag and special loads. With good results but the POI change was significant. Considered stacking them for a duplex load someday. Just never got around to it.

Also, recently re-discovered an old 162 gr. 429 Wadcutter that I'm gonna dust off.
    Last edited by Duster340; 06-20-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Lee 2 cavity .358 158 gr tumble lubed round nose.

I have since moved on to Lee 6 cavity molds in smaller sizes. Have not used that one in at least 3 years. Still have a stash of some 150 cast and lubed boolits. But absolutely would not consider parting with it.

It shoots in my .357 Handi Rifle very well. Does equally well in my 9mm Carbine.

I have molds that crank boolits out faster, use less lead. But it still has many thousands left in it if they are ever needed.

I really like the .358 125 gr rnfp 6 cavity. But I have not shot it in my .357 to see just how well it does. I really need to get to the range more often.

Boolit Master

My 401-175-TC 2 cavity was the my first mold, and the first bullets that I ever cast came from it. Great bullet profile for 10mm and 40 S&W, but the mold is cheap and flawed and I don't use it any more now that I have a few other 10mm molds from Accurate, NOE and LBT. But I won't part with it since it is what got this whole shebang started. It is sentimental to me.

Boolit Master

429-240-SWC
    A plain base design. Don't think the make anymore.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

USMC 77, USRA 79

I too would have to vote for the 410-240 swc... mine is a double. I used to toy around with shooting this upside down out of a thick barreled smooth 410 using a stump wad.. never got much for accuracy, but still like the idea... haven't toyed around with it for a couple years though, but won't part with it.. it's a semi-prepper sort of thing.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    I too would have to vote for the 410-240 swc... mine is a double. I used to toy around with shooting this upside down out of a thick barreled smooth 410 using a stump wad.. never got much for accuracy, but still like the idea... haven't toyed around with it for a couple years though, but won't part with it.. it's a semi-prepper sort of thing.
    Did you ever try it right side up with a fiber wad or short section of dowel glued on the base?
    The .357 Magnum......
    Elk - 130 yards (1 shot)

Boolit Master

I also have one of the Lee 410-240-SWC moulds, mine is a single cavity.

I have never shot it at 41 Mag velocities, thinking at better for a sort of 41 Special type round. If I ever get a custom revolver built, it will be a 41 Special.

I rarely use the mould, but, as it's difficult to find, and it's the first mould I hand-ladled, I have no plans to get shed of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast