WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tinnitus !

Tinnitus !

Who else has this god awful constant ringing in their ears ? My is from 30+years of the constant drone Hum and whine of machinery and banging and thumping of air rams and presses. it seems to be getting louder for me every month . Anyone have anything that they have tried or done to help mellow it any ? Only thing good I can say about it is when My girl ask me to do something I say "oh sorry sweetheart I didn't hear what you said " lol I really mean it !
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master

I now know what it is like to have that problem. It started about a year ago for me. Sounds to me , like a thousand crickets all singing at the same time with a slight wavering pitch. Haven't found anything to help with it yet. For now just putting up with it.

It's pretty much my own fault though. Not wearing ear protection while on flight line and working on fuel trucks while working for Uncle Sam. It does get a little loud sometimes.
    Enewetak Atomic Clean Up Veteran 1979

Boolit Master
    I'm in the same boat. Constant buzzing. Looking for some relief as well. Any help?

Oh yea. Had it for years, add hereditary hearing loss and that is me.. Mine started about 25, got hearing aides around 50. I am with the majority, they sit on the desk. Got lied to about how I could wear them for work. As soon as you sweat , they short out and squeal. Ticks me off to waste all that money. Only wear then now if the wife has a doctors appointment. I don't notice the ringing as much with the aides tho.

The old comic strip 'grin & bear it'. Nothing works. I'd like to blame it on loud music - but..
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Ugh, I get it every now and then from working in the data centers, mine is a high pitch ringing that just doesn't go away. I'm religious with ear muffs now...
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

I knew I had it for a few years now but it was a real eye opener last august on a fishing trip up in Quebec I was dropped of on this little island in the middle of the lake and after the boat left there was total silence I mean no sounds at all ! Except that dang ringing wow was it loud!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    I've had ringing in my ears all my life. Hearing loss was discovered when I took my military physical in 1969, which got me denied. I've had the ringing for so long that I have to stop and pay attention to even notice it anymore. I tried $3500 hearing aids and they didn't help me at all so I got a partial refund for them. I intend to just play the cards that I have been dealt.....I'll just live with it.

Docs told me there is noting that can be done for mine. I also have a loss of hearing in a certain range that makes things hard to understand occasionally.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Master

I have had it for years. The one good thing is when the locust come out here and the noise they make is driving everyone else crazy, I can say what noise?
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Lots of shooting without hearing protection when I was a kid. Tack on 30+ years in a machine shop.

Mine kicks in on rare occasions. Sometimes go 4 or 5 months without it. Sometimes every other day for a week straight.

Irony is, mine is a moderate to high pitch tone, yet my hearing tests have shown that I can't hear squat over about 1800 Hz.

Aye, what's that you said?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    i am in the same boat started twenty years ago and gradually got worse . now it seems like that is the only thing i can hear well. I've tried different things that people and doctors said to try nothing worked.

Boolit Buddy
    Same here, 27 yrs of locomotive noise got mine even with ear plugs. Doc says no help for ringing in ears, it is premanent and is a result of hearing loss. Amazing how fast we learn to read lips when hearing fades and most of the time we dont realize we are reading lips. " what"?

Boolit Master
    I have it...too much unprotected gunfire, race car engines, loud machinery. My hearing loss is in the high frequency range worse in right ear (I'm left handed) the ringing never goes away. They tell me it is my brain trying to replace the sounds I can no longer hear. Some days it is worse than others....the worst when it is otherwise very quiet.

Boolit Grand Master
    I've had it all my life.
    I thought it was normal until grade school when they tested everyone.

Boolit Master
    Have it, as far as I know nothing to be done about it.

Boolit Master
    Just since 1973....24-7-365, no relief, no cure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Master
    Days on end of open cab diesel farm tractors and loud music as a teenager. I started to really guard my ears in my mid 20s, but the damage was done. I've had it so long I dont even notice it, it does get aggravating not being able to understand normal talk at times though.

Boolit Master

Air Force, service related, wearing my hearing aids help drown it out some.
    I did try the medicine, but no benefit to me, they refunded my money as I kept good records.

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Moderator Emeritus

Got it and live with it.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast