Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tinnitus !

Boolit Grand Master

The cicadas, crickets, locust or whatever keep me company when I'm alone. Especially when I don't want company. It's just a sad fact of life that we get smarter too late to avoid it.
    As a child, I grew up alone at the other end of nowhere. I named the pine trees in our yard and when the wind blew they even sang to me. Now the same home is mine and I can't hear the trees sing for the traffic noise (2 blocks from center of city) and the background noise drowns out the tennitis untill I try to sleep. I must have wished too hard, for something to replace the childhood lonelyness.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Aircraft sheetmetal rivet guns w/ insufficient protection. Like others here, didn't hear it until I began reading the post. Trying to describe the sound it is something like Whing-Whing-Whing. Sorta like roller coastering. Can't hear crickets at all and can just barely hear tree frogs. I am lucky I suppose, because most of the time I am able to ignore and don't hear it. I have hunting ear muffs and with them on sitting in a tree stand I hear everything again. Then I hear something walking on the leaves coming towards me.............then begin to hear my heartbeat.........

Aircraft sheetmetal rivet guns w/ insufficient protection. Like others here, didn't hear it until I began reading the post. Trying to describe the sound it is something like Whing-Whing-Whing. Sorta like roller coastering. Can't hear crickets at all and can just barely hear tree frogs. I am lucky I suppose, because most of the time I am able to ignore and don't hear it. I have hunting ear muffs and with them on sitting in a tree stand I hear everything again. Then I hear something walking on the leaves coming towards me.............then begin to hear my heartbeat.........
    Last edited by OldBearHair; 06-22-2018 at 10:55 AM. Reason: double post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234