RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tinnitus !

Boolit Buddy
    Oh yeah, from guns and bombs thanks to the USMC.

Been told there is no real fix.

Don

Boolit Master
    Got mine from 106mm recoiless rifle firing, with ear plugs and muffs man those get you from both ends. Only thing that helps is more noise in back ground such as while trying to go to sleep have to run fan over bed to lessen crickets noise.

Here if I aint gone,, Were there's a gator in the bushes & SHE"S callin my name
    Never stops,, I have to live with it as was said.
    H/D

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Protect you hearing! I have been around, as an engineer doing start-ups, power plants, heavy manufacturing plants, noisy equipment, rock concerts (!) all my working life (40+ years). I always either used foam ear plugs, muffs, or even wadded up toilet paper to protect my hearing. I am pleased to say my hearing goes to over 17.8KHz on last test with no ringing or problems. Dirty horizontal fly-back transformers on old CRT TV’s in motels used to drive me crazy!

The only frequencies I have trouble hearing is the band that covers my wife’s voice! But I tell her if she ever said anything worth hearing, I would hear it! HA.....ha!

All you yung-uns out there.......”hear me now (while you can) and believe me later”....do all you can to protect your hearing from loud nioses, even motor cycles and shooting guns.

Bangerjim

Boolit Master

Bangerjim, an old TV is exactly how I'd describe mine! Being sick seems to make it worse. Also had it real bad after a concussion as a kid. The good (or bad) news is my wife has to talk really loud at work and continues to do so after she gets home, so I should be able to hear her for quite some time!

Boolit Master
    I have to sleep with fan noise to cover it up. I live with it.

Boolit Buddy
    Loud music, machinery, guns. Don't know when it started but I've had it for years. Pretty much used to it now. Worse in the evening, usually fun a fan or something myself.

Boolit Master

at this point in time, there is no cure for it. best thing when its bothering you is to add some quiet background noise. cant sleep due to the ringing, turn on a fan.

Boolit Master
    Had it for 30+ years.

Boolit Master
    Guns, loud music, conveyors, and paint systems have gotten me to borderline tinnitus. I definitely am not hearing certain frequencies anymore. The ringing seems to get worse when I haven't been getting enough sleep.

Berthing right under the angle deck for 6 years gave me the constant "ring". I like others have to sleep with a little "white noise" in the room. I'm used to it now so if it went away, it would probably bother me more.

Boolit Master
    Got it mostly from being a " Man" back when I was young and stupid. The 22 years at the sawmill didn't help any, even with the supplied yellow ear plugs. I mostly just ignore it, it's constant, 24/7 noise, and the hearing tests show the same thing, with the hearing gone at certain frequencies. I've gone crazy about hearing protection in the last 15 years or so, I seldom even drive a nail without earmuffs.
    My oldest son is almost deaf, I think his is half a medical issue, but I know some is from unprotected shooting.
    As states earlier, y'all pay attention so later on you can hear your grandkids...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    The best treatment for sleeping with it, Lectrofan! Not cheep, worth every penny and will drown out a box fan easily (caution, it will drown out your alarm clock if you crank it up as well).

I played a Hammond B3 in bands for many years with the Leslie speaker just to my right. Plus guns with no muffs when I was young and stupid. Right ear lost half my hearing.
    I just live with the hissing noise. That's all you can do.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

Yup,
    Mine started one day in 1997... Started my day like so many others...end of the day everything changed and I was left with almost 70% loss of hearing one ear and nearly 40% in the other... OOH yea... constant ringing... I have become more used to the hearing loss, not so much the ringing. I was actually real lucky I only lost my hearing that day.

I used top love the peace and quite, not its a bad memory returning. I keep music on, wife bought me a sound machine, It sounds like wind, or water just something to break the monotony of the incessant ring. She was bothered with the sound, so I spent almost two years in separate rooms sleeping because of it...I'm sure many of you hear and live with the complaints of loud TV or Radio because you simply cannot hear it well enough to enjoy.

I just re read this and I sound mighty bitter.. well I'm not really. We all have things we live and deal with daily many others simply don't realize. Just preachin' to the choir here. Sorry so many are effected.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

I have been curious about all the "amazing" treatments advertised. They sound too good to be true, I guess they must be. I tell my wife I can hear her just fine as long as I can see her lips move. The boy sometimes talks without moving his lips much so That is sometimes a problem.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    There is a Drs practice here in Denver advertising some relief. Dr. States that her entire staff had tinnitus to one extent, and that they can help. "Sound Relief Hearing Center." I don't think my insurance would cover any of the cost. Besides I wouldn't have an excuse for my selective hearing.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master

Started running Cat D9 dozers in 1973, no mufflers just a straight exhaust, no hearing protection. By the time we had newer Cat's with muffler's, it was far too late for my hearing.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Grand Master

The only time it's more than a nuisance is at night when the normal background noise dies. Then the crickets all join in to make it hard to drift off to sleep. A boring TV program drowns it out, and the boredom puts me to sleep.
    I was always conscious of loud noises, and either avoided or protected from them, but apparently, my definition of loud wasn't low enough.
    Hearing some of you younger fellows discuss it, makes this 76 old curmudgeon feel lucky. I spent 40 years in a metal building with constant equipment noises
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Bub
    Yea you know you got it when Andy Griffin comes on and you can't hear the whistling in the song,but you get used to it,as a matter of fact I had forgotten about it till you had to bring it up,now that's all I can hear ,dang locust.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast