WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataPBcastco
RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Tang sight question.

Tang sight question.

Evening all.
    All of a sudden I feel the need for a tang sight , my rifle is a Marlin 1894 chambered for 32-20 and was made in 1901 so I guess that makes it 117 years old.
    I plink in my yard with the original sights but my vision is kinda going south { even with new Rx glasses} so I'm thinking a decent tang sight might be a bit more accommodating plus the look cool on an old lever rifle,,lol.
    The gun itself has a full oct barrel which is 27" -28".
    If they make them anymore which one would be a good candidate ?.
    The center to center of the screws is 11/8". { ONE AND ONE EIGHTH OF AN INCH}….edited .
    Who sells decent sights that won't break my piggy bank?.
    Any help here would put you on my xmas list,,,lol.
    Last edited by gavlan; 06-19-2018 at 12:08 AM. Reason: EDIT THE C TO C
    Keep breathing , it's good for ya...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gavlan View Post
    Evening all.
    All of a sudden I feel the need for a tang sight , my rifle is a Marlin 1894 chambered for 32-20 and was made in 1901 so I guess that makes it 117 years old.
    I plink in my yard with the original sights but my vision is kinda going south { even with new Rx glasses} so I'm thinking a decent tang sight might be a bit more accommodating plus the look cool on an old lever rifle,,lol.
    The gun itself has a full oct barrel which is 27" -28".
    If they make them anymore which one would be a good candidate ?.
    The center to center of the screws is 2".
    Who sells decent sights that won't break my piggy bank?.
    Any help here would put you on my xmas list,,,lol.
    a marbles tang sight would work fine for plinking out to 200yards, its got windage adjustment as well as elevation. wont break the bank.

Thanks indian joe, i'll google that and take a looksee.

Boolit Buddy
    Get with Buffalo Arms in Sandpoint Idaho. They'll walk you thru it. Get a Hadley eye piece, variable aperatures on one disc to fit the Marble tang sight. Just trying to help you spend your money I have this set-up on a Browning 53 in 32-20 and a Winchester 92 in 25-20. Ground squirrels hate me!

I'm kinda scared of ordering any sight online just in case I screw up and get the wrong one.
    Does anybody out there have an item number or precise description of which Marble sight I should get ?,
    The choices are boggling my mind and all I know for sure is the center 2 center stretch is 1 and 1/8 ".
    by I need my hand held sometimes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i'm ready to order but which model tang to get it killing me.
    help please and thanks guy's for your input i'll look into all suggestions.

I have a 1897 vintage Model 94 Marlin in 32-20 with 24 inch barrel. I really like the Marbles tang sight I ordered from Brownells. Be advised it comes in 2 different staff height. Mine is the taller one but should have ordered the shorter. I wanted a small white bead front sight to replace the silver blade for more precise shooting and ended up needing the taller one to go with the taller rear. There is a lot of slop in the bolt/lever fit and if the lever is worked a bit too vigorously, the points of the bolt will touch the sight. I just don't slam the bolt open and all is good. I shoot it in a local silhouette match and the front and rear combo is perfect for that.
    Last edited by bosterr; 06-19-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bosterr View Post
    I have a 1897 vintage Model 94 Marlin in 32-20 with 24 inch barrel. I really like the Marbles tang sight I ordered from Brownells. Be advised it comes in 2 different staff heigths. Mine is the taller one but should have ordered the shorter. I wanted a small white bead front sight to replace the silver blade for more precise shooting and ended up needing the taller one to go with the taller rear. There is a lot of slop in the bolt/lever fit and if the lever is worked a bit too vigorously, the points of the bolt will touch the sight. I just don't slam the bolt open and all is good. I shoot it in a local silhouette match and the front and rear combo is perfect for that.
    Thank you , do you have to buy the xtra screw set for it or will the ones in my tang work.?
    I think I saw that one , is it the one with the base holes split by the post, ie one hole on one side then the post and then the other hole on the other side of the post?.
    Darn wish I could upload a link to the one I;m looking at but not savvy enough yet.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Staley View Post
    Get with Buffalo Arms in Sandpoint Idaho. They'll walk you thru it. Get a Hadley eye piece, variable aperatures on one disc to fit the Marble tang sight. Just trying to help you spend your money I have this set-up on a Browning 53 in 32-20 and a Winchester 92 in 25-20. Ground squirrels hate me!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$----he said he didnt wanna break the bank !! the Hadley cup is more than the sight last time I looked .............

Boolit Master
    I recently put Marbles Tang Sights on a Miroku 92, 32/20, a 1st year 39a, and a Rossi 92. I bought them from Midway for $120.00 each. Also needed the screw kits, as the tang screw needs to be longer. They come with 3 apertures, I use the smallest. These are very accurate.

so new screws will be needed, no biggie.
    Going to order one today while i'm still in the groove for one, midway seems to be my best bet.
    Do all Marble tangs come with windage adjustments ?,
    I don't want to be messing with drifting my front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by gavlan View Post

Do all Marble tangs come with windage adjustments ?,

The new Marble's tang sights do.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride