Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WTB 22mag brass or 17 cal brass

Boolit Master

WTB 22mag brass or 17 cal brass

anybody got a stash of 22 magnum brass or 17 hmr brass, needs to be rimfire (goes with out saying)

got a set of dies from btsniper for making 25-06 rounds and now I can't find my stash of 22mag brass to use as the jackets.

can trade or pay shipping or ??

I come across them both here and there but not frequently enough to save them. I usually scrap them. If you want me to start saving them for you I will. Whatever the cost of brass is at the scrapyard plus postage and they are yours. PM me if this works for you and I'll put a sour cream container on my sorting bench labelled "cast b rancher1913 17hmr and 22mag". This would be a long-term situation as I never know what I am going to find but I do find a lot of interesting brass on a pretty regular basis.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Boolit Buddy
    How many are you wanting? Going prairie dogging in a few days and most of our shooting is HMRs. I can take a coffee can along to put the ones in that don't get lost. On our last trip the two of us had 45 empty HMR boxes in the back of the buggy at the evening of the third day.

Boolit Master

maxreloader, that would be perfect, save enough to make the postage worthwile and let me know when you want to sell them. the 22 mags are what the dies are made for.

baogongmeo, a coffee can full would get me started real nice, let me know when you have a frb full and I will pay shipping and scrap value if that works for you.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    maxreloader, that would be perfect, save enough to make the postage worthwile and let me know when you want to sell them. the 22 mags are what the dies are made for.

baogongmeo, a coffee can full would get me started real nice, let me know when you have a frb full and I will pay shipping and scrap value if that works for you.
    OK it'll be a couple of weeks or so depending how long we stay but I will save them for you.

Boolit Master

rancher1913:

Have collected, cleaned in ultrasonic, and stored both 22Mag and 17HMR over the last few years (I use to make heavy .224's). I pick up whats at the two ranges I belong to each time I go, so I have accumulated bit. How much do you need?

Drop me a PM.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Buddy

I have some as well. Not sure how much but save them and 22 lr for you fellas

I love this place! Rancher if you need me to save what I find please shoot me a pm and I will. If you have found what you need then please let me know. I found maybe 40-50 17 hmr's today. If anybody else needs these then shoot me a pm and I will gladly save them for you if rancher1913 is all-set. Thanks! Max
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Boolit Buddy
    OK we got home last night. Shooting was not good... some towns poisoned and one plagued out but I did save a half or a bit more of a large coffee can of 17HMRs for you. In 7 days of dogging I shot a bit less than 14 boxes... poor poor poor.
    I'm going to take a day or two to rest and put stuff away before I do anything with it...I'll let you know after the 4th.

Boolit Master

sorry to hear that, the neighbor north of me had a big colony that he let people shoot but got tired of the critters so he poisoned them. thanks for saving me some brass.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Rancher - send me a PM to refresh my memory (AND so I don't have to search for who wants them!). Happy to save you all the 22 Mag brass I shoot. Could plink for fun and have a few shortly. And all yours/I will ship. Had many do likewise favors. Happy to return the favor.

Boolit Bub

Rancher-Are you still needing the brass? Sending a PM.

Boolit Master

yes, want to accumulate a good sized stock of 22 mag brass.

Boolit Buddy
    Rancher, I'll try to pack up your 17 HMR brass tomorrow... it's been so darn hot since we got back and I had mowing and spraying to catch up on that I've just been putting it off. I need to go through the pile and make sure that a loaded round didn't fall in the can... the post office would frown on that.

Boolit Buddy
    OK, I've sorted through the brass to make sure there were no live rounds. It will fill 2 small flat rate boxes but one medium would be cheaper to ship. Let me know what you want to do and your address if you still want this and I'll get it shipped next week.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by maxreloader View Post
    I come across them both here and there but not frequently enough to save them. I usually scrap them. If you want me to start saving them for you I will. Whatever the cost of brass is at the scrapyard plus postage and they are yours. PM me if this works for you and I'll put a sour cream container on my sorting bench labelled "cast b rancher1913 17hmr and 22mag". This would be a long-term situation as I never know what I am going to find but I do find a lot of interesting brass on a pretty regular basis.
    If you come across a few 7mm wsm let me know. My brother needs a few.

Boolit Buddy
    USPS tracking says that your package was delivered yesterday to your mailbox... hope you got it. I sent you a PM when it shipped with the tracking number so you would know it was coming.

Boolit Master

nobody checked for mail yesterday, guess I got a present waiting, thanks

Banned
    Don't use them all up fellas. I am going to start reloading the darn things soon. (22WMR) I expect to get 2 to 3 reloads per case, maybe more. And I plan on going to the range this weekend. Will check for brass for you. If I get enough, I will be able to send you the 17's.