Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Apple Cinnamon Loaf ...

Thumbs up Apple Cinnamon Loaf ...

I've had this recipe for a while, but finally got around to taking it for a "test drive" a couple of days ago. Made the test loaf and we were busy the rest of that day so I froze it for future reference. Our 28 year old grandson and his good lady dropped by yesterday to say "hello" on Father's Day so I took the test loaf out of the freezer, thawed it out and sliced it up and we tried it out. Good recipe! It is a bit "wet" for my liking though and I think the next time I make it I'll add another cup of flour to see if it'll firm up a bit more.

Apple Cinnamon Bread

1/3 cup brown sugar (not packed)
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2/3 cup white sugar
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    2 eggs
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 cup milk
    1 apple, peeled and chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside. Beat white sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until incorporated; add vanilla extract.

Combine flour and baking powder together in another bowl; stir into creamed butter mixture. Mix milk into batter until smooth. Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Next add half the apples and half the brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Lightly pat apple mixture into batter.

Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and add more brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a finger or spoon.

Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Buddy
    Sounds Devine!! Thanks for sharing.- Caster
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds like it's supposed to be a sweet bread, kinda like pumpkin bread or zuccini bread.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Can't wait to get some apples from my trees so I can try it out. I started a ton of Apple seeds from honey crisp, jazz, pink lady and a few more for food plots about 7-8 years ago. At the same time I Was in the process of purchasing my hunting land and didn't have extra in the budget for trees so I did the (free) seed thing. Well, thing change, my land is paid for and the trees are big now....and the ones I planted on my land worked so well the deer knocked the fences down and chewed a few to a stump. I finally have apples growing this year on one tree! You don't know what you'll end up with starting apples from seed so I guess I'll have to wait and see if they're edible or deer chum. I planted two of my projects in my up yard to monitor the growth rate. I grafted golden delicious, state fair, and Macintosh branches on one of them a few years ago so it would germinate itself itself and to guarantee edible apples. All branches took and it will have four kinds of apples on it if it produces next year. I need some Granny Smith scions to add so I have red, green, and yellow apples on it.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-27-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Sounds like it's supposed to be a sweet bread, kinda like pumpkin bread or zuccini bread.
    Yes, it is a sweet loaf, but not overly so. I love the cinnamon flavour and might even increase the "dosage" on my next attempt at this loaf.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

It is good. I think the Apples give it the extra moisture but it is good as is for me.
    Thank you.

I made some Pumpkin scones a couple of days ago, but they're nearly all gone now. (No ... I didn't eat them ALL ... I gave some away to family and the next door neighbours!) I suppose now I should make 2 or 3 more loafs of this Apple Cinnamon Loaf and freeze them for "emergencies" ...