MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my Mom tripped and fell ...need prayers

Banned

Thank God for the improvement. I feel for you, as my parents are in decline and it is hard to see my 91 year old dad, WWII vet and mom have so many challanges.

Moderator Emeritus

Father, Please be with Ronae as she meets with her physicians and as they chart her path to healing. Please guide the physicians and the medical team that will be working on her. Father, please give comfort from pain as well as relief from any concern as to the path she must walk toward her healing. Father please be with JonB and his family as they wait for the meetings, the surgery, and the healing of their mother. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Prayers for a quick recovery.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Moderator Emeritus

I talked to Mom on the phone yesterday, to plan a visit with my Daughter and Granddaughter. I asked how things were going, She said some days are better than others. I asked about her walking during PT therapy, She said some days she is unable to walk, like one foot is made of lead, she can't lift it. So the PT is going slower than I thought. She still is in good spirits though.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Prayers continue.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent.
    jim

Moderator Emeritus

Update:
    My Mom has been in 'rehab' for a month now. There hasn't been much progress, but there has been some. They figure another 4 weeks of rehab and then a decision has to be made about her ability to care for herself in her senior apartment (which has some daytime services she hadn't needed before) or her going into assisted living facility.

Last week, my brother's family came from Detroit to visit everyone in MN. He spend 3 days with Mom and he seems a bit more positive on Mom's condition than I am...I hope he is right.

Anyway, In the next month there will be a crossroad, I fear the worst and he hopes for the best. I never really thought I was a "negative-nelly" type...I always pictured myself as more of a Boy Scout being prepared for any situation...but maybe I need a bit of enlightenment...so maybe I need some prayers, as well as Mom needing them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

Prayers for your Mom's recovery. Good news on her improvement and a lot can happen in 4 weeks.
    Prayers for you too my friend. Being prepared is a good thing, however "worry" is the dividend to disaster, before it's due.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Your mom has been in my thoughts and prayer . I have been where you are ...it's hard . Praying for improvement in recovery for mom .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Prayers for you and your Mom. Had to move Mom from her apt. to a nursing home (or whatever they call them these days) over a year ago. Once they have a bad fall, hard to tell when the next will be. In Mom's more (or less) lucid moments she wants to get dressed and go back to HER place. I tell her it isn't anymore but she can wheel her chair out to the corner and live there. Then she chuckles. It's a tough road. Note: family needs a power of attny if in a home - should have one anyway. Basically to 'step in' or oversee when needed. Even as a son I can't get doc info unless P.O.A. If in a nursing home, you must take all valuables away.
    edit: most hospitals and rehab units have staff help to walk you through any possible scenarios for placement, medicare, etc. The one we dealt with was very good.
    Last edited by popper; 07-23-2018 at 03:27 PM.
    Whatever!

Had the same thing happen to my 85 year old mother in mid May. A month in the hospital and another 5 weeks at a rehab facility and she came home last Thursday. Luckily my dad is still in pretty good health and me and my wife live next door. But it sure does change everyone’s life. God speed to you and your mom and whole family.

Moderator Emeritus

Father please be with JonB's mother as she endures the pain associated with her fall. Please give her comfort, remove any pain, remove any fears, and please guide the medical team that will attend to JonB's mother. Father, You are the Great Healer and I give You all the praise for what You will do for this beautiful lady. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Moderator Emeritus

Jon, praying for your Mom, and for you as well. When your Mom is elderly and hurting/challenged, it takes a lot out of a good son, which you obviously are. God bless all of you.

Moderator Emeritus

Update:
    Boy things can sure turn around, Thank the Lord.
    Tuesday, Mom had a Dr appt where the xray'd her shoulder, there was new bone growth...a great surprise. I got the impression that wasn't likely to happen, but would be a miracle if it did.
    The Dr removed the arm brace and told her to use it with moderation, but to put whatever weight needed on it, during PT using a walker, to Get the Hip replacement improved. She didn't have a lot of range of motion that day, but after a couple PT sessions, she gained quite a bit of motion.

I visited her yesterday. She is able to get out of bed by herself and into a wheel chair now...that's a big step. We met with the Nursing home Doctor, her social worker, and the PT ladies (at different times with each). The Hip has progressed remarkably well in the last week, the shoulder motion is gaining without a lot of pain, they have reduced the "Oxy" pain meds to the minimum. The Best news is that she is "likely" going to be able to return to her apartment (I had feared that wasn't going to be possible), maybe even return sooner than they originally guessed...but that's still a few weeks out.

Thanks for everyone's Prayers, I have faith that they are being heard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super Moderator Emeritus
    those docs don't know the power of prayer.

Good news Jon. Praise God for answered prayer. More prayers on the way.

Thank you for the report ! Still praying and certainly return to her normal routine .

Boolit Master
    Prayers from me, too!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Moderator Emeritus

Mom update:
    I went to visit Mom and to be included with a tour of her apartment with the PT Ladies, to see if she'll be able to move back to her home. Besides some clutter needing to be dealt with, I had to move her Bed/rearrange the bedroom and swap out the Livingroom recliner.

If all goes well, I'll be moving her in next week.
    Thanks again for all the prayers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great report ! Thank you ! Adjusting prayer for continued improvement . I'm really glad to hear she can go home .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast