Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: my Mom tripped and fell ...need prayers

Boolit Master
    Prayers to your mom for a speedy recovery

Father God. We give you the Glory for what you are doing for Jon's mother. We ask that you continue the healing and that all will go will so that she can move back into her home. Be with the PT workers and the doctors. Give them the wisdom that they need to provide proper care. Be with JonB and give him strength and peace. In the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I pray. Amen

Moderator Emeritus

Lord, your grace and mercy and healing power are truly awe inspiring. Thank you for laying your hand on Jon's mother, and please continue to guide her healing. Mothers are, next to You, our most ardent protectors and supporters. Thank you for the good ones!

Moderator Emeritus

Jon thanks for the update...seems like your mom is steadily improving.....will still be praying for her....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Moderator Emeritus

Praise and Rejoice !

Mom's success (due to all the prayers sent on her behalf, no doubt)

We packed up her stuff and left Rehab (nursing home) yesterday...and moved her back into her apartment. She is feeling much better, although she is still a bit weak, I hope she does her "ordered" exercises and walks the halls of the apartment building. She does have a few home nurse visits per week for a couple reasons, but she is soooo happy to be home. I brought some fresh garden produce, since my garden is producing an abundance, she loves the garden tomatoes, Okra, cucs, bell peppers and such.

Attachment 225555
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Super Moderator Emeritus
    thank God for answered prayers

JonB That is great news to hear. All that garden produce will help your Mother to feel better now and in her own apartment. She looks very well. Praise be unto the Lord

All Glory goes to God. This is GREAT news. Thank you, Jesus.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

That is great! Still praying for comfort and healing!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    So nice to hear ,

Moderator Emeritus

Dorothy said it in Oz: "There's no place like home!" That is one beautiful mother you have there, Jon! I cannot imagine a more saintly face or smile.

Moderator Emeritus

One more Update:
    My Uncle (Mom's bother) and my Aunt and I went to visit my Mom today.
    Long story ...my Aunt decided after a previous visit that she[my Aunt] and I needed to clean and declutter my Mom's kitchen. I attempted to do this once, before her trip-n-fall, she wouldn't let it happen. I asked Mom about doing it a month ago, when I rearranged her apartment[per the PT ladies recommendation] while Mom was still in the nursing home (to make is more 'walker' friendly). Mom said, NO..the kitchen is ok the way it is.

Today, the Lord must have answered my Aunt's prayers. Mom let us do it. First was the pantry, We removed 8 bags of out dated canned goods, way out dated. My Aunt was adamant that "all" those old cans must go. But, any that weren't too far out of date, I took home, which made my Mom's thrifty soul feel better. Then to the counter top, which was totally full of stuff, there wasn't any workspace to prepare food, I don't know how she did that before? Anyway, to make room on her counter top, we got rid of some small appliances she doesn't use, which shocked me, she always told me she might use them for this or that someday...I'm glad my Aunt was there. Other stuff on the counter just needed to be put away into a cupboard where she could reach...cleaning out the cupboards was easy, as most of the stuff she had stashed in there, she doesn't use anymore, due to Dad passing away 2 years ago.

My Mom had only been out of the apartment building once[to goto a Dr apt], since she got out of the nursing home. So my Aunt and Uncle took all of us out to dinner. My Mom was happy to get out and see the town. There had been a strong storm two days earlier, and several trees were downed, and some hadn't been cleaned up yet...She was curious to see all the damage that she had heard about from her neighbors. In one area of town, the lawns were totally covered with leaves and branches.

It was a real good day.

Thanks again for all the prayers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Brought back memories for me . Dad was always a pack rat but quit saving everything when he got older and we cleaned all the junk out of the shed . But then mom built up a 'supply' of clean used foil plates , pickle jars , sacks , 'nice' boxes and whatever .

They had a utility/storage room the width of the house on the back and I was cleaning it out and trying to talk her into getting rid of all the foil plates , jars and junk but she wanted to keep it .
    In a bit she said . Charlie go on and haul every bit of that stuff off ! It made me feel guilty because she liked it and I told her it wasn't hurting anything and she could keep it but she said ;

Charlie don't worry about it ! I'm sure I'll start another collection ………..It's just what old people do .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Jon my mother was the same way. Every Styrofoam cup and bowl wàs washed and saved, stacked in corners because she might need them. Nothing was thrown away because it might be used. I believe the depression mentality prevails in older folks.
    Thank God you are the loving son you are, many older folks never see their kids because they are to busy to care for their parents.
    My church still prays everyday for your mom and you.

Moderator Emeritus

Father please be with Ronae as she visits with her physicians. Please guide the technicians as they perform their tests on her and allow her physicians to clearly see these images in such a way that they can decide on a plan for restoring Ronae to good health. Please give her comfort and reduced pain. Father, I know that Your will will be done but I pray that You wrap Your loving arms around her and heal her. AMEN

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234