RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pistol caliber carbine choice

Boolit Master

Pistol caliber carbine choice

What caliber would you choose for a pistol caliber carbine, and why?

Thanks

Randy
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master
    TNW ASR can be setup to fire multiple pistol calibers. They have a package with bolts and magazine/pistol grip to shoot 9mm, .40, .45. I bought two more BCGs so I didn't have to take the BCG apart to switch calibers. I also bought a .357 Sig barrel assembly, and plan to buy a 10mm mag barrell assembly.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master

I think the .357 leverguns are probably the most versatile. They are fun plinkers and even hunt medium sized game such as deer with them. For someone just buying factory ammo the new 9mm carbines out there would be another option.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master
    I have a lever action .357 and a semiautomatic .45 they're fun to shoot and powerful enough for defense/foraging.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    I have 9mm,38/357, 44spl/mag, and had 45acp &22tcm. With that said I would buy a 10mm in a heartbeat. But if I could only have one I would need to know what I was going to use it for. Plinking I would go 9mm. Hunting a different story. I will say I do not like any of the pistol carbines in AR platforms. If I could own a hipoint in my state I would still have the 45acp and would have bought the 10mm already. I did not care for the 22tcm at all in the carbine set up.

Once again I could of answered in one sentence but I wrote a book. Sorry.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    I would choose .40 S&W because I already have pistols in that smallest of acceptable calibers and I do not use the teeny-tiny 9mm europellet beloved of Nazis, limp wristed handwringing, panty-waisted continentals, and those suffering from wasting diseases and skeletal disorders that do not allow them to shoot a properly sized caliber or operate a revolver.

But 9mm is the overwhelming choice in PCC competition.

Boolit Grand Master

Uberti M1873 carbine in 45 Colt to match caliber with my two SAAs in 45 Colt.

M98 Mauser converted to 45 ACP which uses M1911 mags to go with my M1911 Colts.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master

The 1894C I own is one of my favorite rifles. Does everything I need it to, including hunting duty. I recently built an AR in 9mm w/ a pistol length barrel. That one is really fun, is very cheap to shoot and has a much higher capacity. But what I really want is a 10mm upper for an AR and a lower mag block that converts it to Glock mags. I already own the Glock pistol and mags. And 10mm is a great round that would shine in a carbine. Unfortunately no one is making this type of setup at this time.

I had a Marlin .357 brand new back in the early '90s. It just didn't seem like enough rifle and I sold it, but wish I wouldn't have. Presently I've got 1873-type revolvers and rifles in .44-40 and .45 L. Colt. The .45 carbine is a '92. All work well, and I'm satisfied.

Boolit Master
    Lever gun .44 mag. semi auto .45 auto.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RPRNY View Post
    I would choose .40 S&W because I already have pistols in that smallest of acceptable calibers and I do not use the teeny-tiny 9mm europellet beloved of Nazis, limp wristed handwringing, panty-waisted continentals, and those suffering from wasting diseases and skeletal disorders that do not allow them to shoot a properly sized caliber or operate a revolver.

Could not of said it better my self. Well said brother !!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by flint45 View Post
    Could not of said it better my self. Well said brother !!
    I whole heartedly AGREE!

That's why I have a 40 PCC!!

PLUS, just a bbl swap nets ya a 357Sig and that's a awesome carbine caliber!! The 357 sig and a 9x25 re the only 9MM's I like!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fecmech View Post
    I think the .357 leverguns are probably the most versatile. They are fun plinkers and even hunt medium sized game such as deer with them. For someone just buying factory ammo the new 9mm carbines out there would be another option.
    +1

And shooting .38 spl makes them fun and relatively inexpensive as well. Can even start a young shooter on one with downloaded ammunition.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Ruger 9mm, put glock mag on.

Banned

I have two Beretta CX4 Storms, two .357 mag M92s, and a .45 Colt JM Marlin
    They are all useful/fun.
    I keep the CX4s handy with 147 grain FPs
    As for post #6, I just mail ordered some Mec-Gar 20 round magazines
    Colorado, C'mon Son

Boolit Master
    You mean the 40 Short and Weak LOL

Any REAL pistol shooter would shoot nothing less than a .45. ROFLMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by RPRNY View Post

Boolit Master
    I like them all just picked up a HiPoint in 10mm. Fun little gun. My Henry was n 357 is equally as fun as is my Kriss Vector. Henry in 45 and 44 also serve there purpose. I love pistol caliber in carbines and there are mAny choices.

Boolit Bub
    Just match up with your handguns,I have em paired in 44mag,40S&W,and 45A.C.P. Coarse the 45A.C.P. is my favorite. AS to why,I cast for the 45 sooo.

Boolit Master

just right carbine takedown in 9mm.
    ruger in 9mm with the included glock magwell.

although i retired from the army before they took away my 1911 in .45acp, i ENJOY shooting the 9x19 cartridge
    especially a powder coated lee 125 round flat @ 1100fps from a glock 26 barrel

pistol caliber carbines fill a specific role for ME.
    i know that role is different for everyone, that's what's great about having choices.
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

I have Hipoint Carbines in 9mm, .40sw, and .45acp. Of the three I think I like the .45acp the best.

I have handi rifles in .357mag, .44mag, 9mm and .45colt. .357 is dang accurate, frankly none of them suck.
    .45colt is fun but so are the .44mag's. None of them exactly difficult to cast or load.

Depends on what floats your boat.

I have a Win 94 in .30-30 with a bad bore. Tempting to think either barrel swap to .357 mag or rebore to .35-30-30. Either would be good.

Last is my little rolling block in .32sw long. Still working on figuring out what it likes but it is a blast to shoot.
    Be a great little rat/tree rat plinker.

IMO there is no wrong answer in Pistol caliber carbines. They all do the job just fine.
    Which one depends more on your preferences and what kind of shooting you want to do with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast