Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Opioid/heroin crisis?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sw45 View Post
    Need to put the blame where it belongs. The people that are abusing the drugs! It’s not the drug company’s or drs fault, it the people that abuse their meds. Narcan should be banned. Let’s the people abuse the drugs just die. Won’t be long you will see they drug abuse slow to a crawl. There is conquinces for abusing drug and death is one of them.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. If you're dumb enough to put poisons into your body you may find a price to be paid.
    Literacy should not be considered optional in computer based communication.

Boolit Grand Master

Opioid/heroin crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Drug abuse is the result of a 'feel good' society. If you need to feel good about yourself and there aren't enough people to pat you on the back and make you feel better, there are always drugs easily obtained on the street.
    It goes a lot deeper than that. The “feel good society” does exist. But you’re gonna find most of these people on anti depressants. There isn’t much correlation between taking them and moving on to opioids. They have their own set of issues. Psychotic behavior at the top of the list.

A lot of people get hooked because opioids are prescribed for a legitimate purpose. Like after a surgery. It doesn’t take long to become physically addicted and the rest is history. If you want to see a shining example of this watch the documentary “Prescription Thugs”. The film creator becomes addicted, after a surgery, while investigating the opioid epidemic.

People have always used some drug to mask the pain from the real world. Some do it by smoking a joint. Some pop a pill. The majority drown their sorrows at the bottom of a bottle of booze. There are more of us on the planet then ever so the numbers that do this is growing ever larger.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post

A lot of people get hooked because opioids are prescribed for a legitimate purpose. Like after a surgery. It doesn’t take long to become physically addicted and the rest is history.
    Some patients are " wired" for addiction to begin with, they just don't know it. On top of that, some of these drugs can hit the right receptors the right way and in the right quantity to get someone hooked almost immediately.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Grand Master

I have several friends and also police offers both retired and working in Toledo and they claim the heroin opoids is worse now than it ever was. Loke a lot of things at some point users get bit by it. Its not a question of if but of when. Poor quality or bad materials, dirty needles, inconsistent controls on it. One of the reasons the prescription opiods are so sought after. Have heard of snatch and grabs out side pharmacies, user watches the prescription counter hears or sees some one get them and grabs the bag outside when the person leaves.
    I have only been on prescription painkillers a few times and didn't care for it. Pain is there to tell you when your over doing it and Im afraid of further injuring myself on them.

Boolit Master
    Obamunism: the Gift that Keeps on Giving.

Eight years of hard left anti-manufacturing and anti-fossil energy policy, toadying to foreign trade partners, and scorn for communities outside the coastal bubbles played a large part in the rapid expansion of the opioid crisis. Obama's Beltway elitists decimated communities throughout Appalachia and the Midwest with policies aimed to appease Wall Street and Green Billionaire donors at the expense of working Americans and ignored the growing problem of opioid abuse. While the pharmaceutical companies do bear some blame for knowingly expanding distribution and supplying distributors in areas where abuse was known to be growing, the lack of action by federal regulators under the Obama Regime is also at fault. At the end of the day, the individual is ultimately responsible for his or her actions, but the conditions that have given rise to the crisis - economic decline, hopelessness, and policy neglect, are firmly rooted in Obamunism.

Boolit Grand Master

It started well before Obama. OxyContin came onto the market in 1996. That’s was the beginning. The pill mills were in full effect during Bush’s presidency. The shift from pills to heroin happened when Purdue changed the coating on OxyContin. The whole process started well before Obama was a name anyone knew. You’re hearing more about it because of the fentanyl deaths. It’s also reached critical mass. It wasn’t exactly a slow build. It’s just that if it didn’t effect someone you knew then you had no clue it was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911sw45 View Post
    Need to put the blame where it belongs. The people that are abusing the drugs! It’s not the drug company’s or drs fault, it the people that abuse their meds. Narcan should be banned. Let’s the people abuse the drugs just die. Won’t be long you will see they drug abuse slow to a crawl. There is conquinces for abusing drug and death is one of them.
    That's the view a lot of people who aren't effected either directly or indirectly take . Would you have the same view if it was your spouse or children or even parent ,aunt ,uncle , best friend ? I'm glad there's only been two of you that feel that way in this thread .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    It started well before Obama. OxyContin came onto the market in 1996. That’s was the beginning. The pill mills were in full effect during Bush’s presidency. The shift from pills to heroin happened when Purdue changed the coating on OxyContin. The whole process started well before Obama was a name anyone knew. You’re hearing more about it because of the fentanyl deaths. It’s also reached critical mass. It wasn’t exactly a slow build. It’s just that if it didn’t effect someone you knew then you had no clue it was happening.
    Your understanding is incorrect. Abuse of prescription opioids has existed since they became available. The crisis ensues from the socio-economic conditions created by the Obama Regime.

Boolit Master

Make that three that feel that way. I lost a very good friend, two od's in rental properties I own, two od's at work and lost a brother at 37. If you take that **** it will in time kill you. Narcan just perpetuates the problem, it solves nothing.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    My wife has three people in her family who are addicted to opioid painkillers it has caused a lot of problems it affects the whole family.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Michel View Post
    Make that three that feel that way. I lost a very good friend, two od's in rental properties I own, two od's at work and lost a brother at 37. If you take that **** it will in time kill you. Narcan just perpetuates the problem, it solves nothing.
    So you don't wish someone could have saved your own brother with a dose of narcan ?
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    RU shooter,
    No I would not and have not changed my feelings on this. It does not matter if any of my family has died from the drug over dose. They done it to them selves. I am the first one that will turn any one in for Rx drug abuse or any other drug abuse. Don’t matter if they are family or friends. I find out ur doing them, I am turning u in to the police and/or ur dr. I’ve done it before and I will do it in a heart beat again.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Wonder if a few of those stories weren't planted as part of the agenda. There is an issue with over prescribing but I don't think it is as bad as they say as they have cracked down on the prescription process.
    Exactly!! ^^^ I get Vicodin for chronic pain caused by degenerative disc disease in my neck and lower back. I'm a VA patient under the care of a NP, (nurse practitioner). She prescribed the Vicodin to enable me to function with LESS pain. It by no means takes all the pain away, just makes it livable. Also I do NOT get high from it!

My NP is trying to talk me into scaling back, take less, to satisfy what here superiors are saying. I try to take less, but the result is increased pain, so I vegetate sitting in a recliner staring at a TV or here on the 'puter. My answer is "well give me something else that is a non-opioid." So far there's no replacement offered.

Switch to my brother that has severe lower back pain. He has a Vicodin script for 2 5/325 pills a day. It helps, but really NEEDS 6/day. His doctor cannot prescribe more because of some state limit. A prime example of the govmint trying to solve some crisis that results in people that can't get needed medication to relieve pain.

When used for it's purpose, opioids DO relive pain and seldom cause a high. It's the kids that steal parents drugs that get the highs. Or the street user/buyer that buy them for parties.

When they can come up with a substitute that works as well, that is non-opioid, then I will stop using Vicodin. I hear them say there's long term side effects that can really hurt you, so I hope for a better alternative.

If the anti opioid crowd really wants to solve this so-called crisis, get behind research to find a safe, effective replacement.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Alan in Vermont View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. If you're dumb enough to put poisons into your body you may find a price to be paid.
    Add me in Junkies are the problem. The faster they OD the faster the problem cleans itself.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavage View Post
    I tend to be a bit of a skeptic,during the past administration everything was a crisis and thus a ploy to extort more money from us the taxpayers.
    the last administration created this with the health care thing. now I don't think its right to seal your meds. but a least you know what dose your taking not just something off the street. sure made it hard for my wife to get the pain meds she really needs

Boolit Master

WAR on drugs needs to end Dr./Patient should be the rule.

Boolit Master
    They tried to put me on Hydrocodone refused to take it for my back pain, I started with a chiropractor, he started with four times a week for three weeks, worked down to once every two weeks
    Pain went from 6 down to 0 in three months no drugs.
    Frank G.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by RPRNY View Post
    Your understanding is incorrect. Abuse of prescription opioids has existed since they became available. The crisis ensues from the socio-economic conditions created by the Obama Regime.
    It’s your understanding that’s incorrect. The crisis was around well before Obama became President. But no one was paying attention unless it effected them directly. Obama did not cause the opioid epidemic. They news outlets were reporting on the abuses during Bush’s presidency. But nothing was done about it. It came to head under Obama, that’s all.

Boolit Master
    I see it affect a lot of the young people around here , they generally try a pill to get started ,

Boolit Buddy
    The majority of people "suffering" with narcotics problems are there because of their own choices. They make poor choices and then want to blame everything but themselves. For example....on Sunday 02 Apr 17 our 24 year old daughter (RN) made a choice to go to church with her best friend, a habit they started when they met in college as room mates. Earlier that same morning a truck driver made the decision to hit the road in East Texas with meth in his system. They met near Benton IL when he crossed the median and killed her as he blacked out coming down from his meth high. Addicts have already forsaken their health, their families, their jobs, your safety and anything else that gets in the way of them getting high. In most areas of the US you can get help by just picking up the phone and making a call. If they all dropped off the face of the earth tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear for them. Sorry if this sounds harsh but let's just say my Father's Days aren't the same anymore. Now we only get spend time with our daughter at the cemetery and tracking her scholarship because of one of these addicts. I hope that some day people will quit making excuses for people that are addicts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast