RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Dillon Powder Adjustment Screw

Boolit Buddy

Dillon Powder Adjustment Screw

Well I was getting real tired of messing around with the hex bolt for the powder measure on my Dillon. I found one on ebay was only $10 so me and my buddy ordered 2 of them so with shipping ended up being $11.65 a peace.

put it on and I love it, don’t know why Dillon just don’t put them on from the start. So away I made a video of it if you want to check it out

Last edited by ShooterAZ; 06-18-2018 at 07:18 PM. Reason: EBAY LINKS NOT PERMITTED
    Armed society is a polite society
    Live A Little Learn A Lot

My Dillon adjustment screw has a socket wrench on it. I had a spare 7/16" socket, so I just left it there. Works beautifully. The screw is on the back facing the wall, so I couldn't see the "MORE" arrow anyway.

Boolit Master
    That’s a very handy way to adjust that screw, i did that pretty quick with an old plastic gauge handle, just heated a 7/16 bolt and melted it into the center of plastic, then glued on, works great.

Boolit Grand Master

I have done it with bottle caps and a couple nuts on a set screw. find center of the cap drill the hole snug for the set screw. install the nuts so flats line up and 1 wrap of thin tape around them to seal the groove between them. Coat set screw and tape with release agent. a ring of masking tape 3/4" to 1" id dia and several wraps to be good and stiff. Place this centered around hole and seal to cap with thin pieces of tape Coat set screw nuts with release agent again and inside of tape ring. ( the tape ring saves on epoxy making a centered boss instead of filling the cap completely. Insert set screw assembly. mix epoxy and pour to tops of nuts. let cure. remove set screw assembly and tape if desired. It shoukd be a close fit on the head if not a little glue will hold it on.

with shipping ended up being $11.65 a peace.
    It’s been awhile since I have bought any but IIRC an extra powder bar was $14 from Dillon (each press comes with two) so I just leave them pre set for the load and swap them out like this. No need to adjust them at that point.

Cap from a carton of 1/2 and 1/2, some old epoxy putty I had laying around, sharpie.
    Attachment 222283

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by wrench View Post
    Cap from a carton of 1/2 and 1/2, some old epoxy putty I had laying around, sharpie.
    Attachment 222283
    Now that’s using the old thinking cap, use what you have

Boolit Master
    press on knob, less than $1 at Home Depot....not as fancy, but serviceable. I would have sprung for the Taylor knob if they had been available 12 years ago. His work looks very good, and the price is more than fair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    That's like mine with the old spring set-up, new ones don't have it. If i had a new style i'd still put the springs on it, and thanks for sharing

Boolit Buddy
    Nice job Harry. That’s a big improvement over the slip on plastic knobs!
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." Joe Heller