Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox

Thread: Has anyone heard from Opos?

Boolit Master

Has anyone heard from Opos?

He hasn't logged in here or CalGuns for a couple of weeks. He was talking about a new car...road trip?
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Master

Well I guess I get to answer myself. He has logged in over at CalGuns. He evidently had a stroke. Let's send good thoughts and prayers his way.
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Banned

Praying for him

Super Moderator

Prayers sent for a full recovery.

Boolit Master
    Prayers.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Thinking of you Opos and hoping for the best for you. Gp

Boolit Master
    Thank you for the sad news,he will be added to our prayers.

Please keep us posted
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

A prayer sent and wishing you all of God's best blessing.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master

I don't think Opos will mind. This is what he posted on CalGuns.

May 30th I woke at my normal early hour (about 4am) and tried to turn on the t v...couldn't work the remote...I woke the Wife and said to call 911. If I would have waited to "see how it goes" this might be an entirely different story.

She called...they had her run about 3 little tests and I failed 2....Paramedics on the way...they arrived within 5 minutes (only about 1/2 mile away)....did their work and took me to ER at Alvarado Hospital (top stroke and cardiac hospital) and I was in the ER's care within about 1/2-3/4 hour from my initial symptoms.

Spent 14 days in hospital and rehab and am home. I had a clot form of stroke and not the "blow out" kind. It was in a part of the brain on the left side so the few minor weaknesses a came out with were on my right side. A small drooping of the right corner of the mouth...a minor fine motor skilll in the right thumb, a very minor weakness in my right leg. I had a lot of confusion as I came out of it but that is gone...memory is fine, speech is fine and understanding is fine...walk with good balance and feeling good but very cautious.

Would have been home earlier but had a 2 day "set back" when I couldn't sleep the first night and they gave me an Ambien. Seems it put me into a deep sleep that they feared was another stroke starting. They did another CAT scan and MRI and found no change and therefore no second stroke. Kept me in ICU the 2 days to make sure. I guess Ambien can have that effect so not something I want to mess with.

I was in the stroke unit in rehab and I am the luckiest stroke survivor ever . The immediate call to 911 (my normal way would be to " rub a little dirt on it") at the first sign...second was the proximity of the paramedics, lack of traffic, and availability at that time...third was the proximity of the hospital and their capablities.

I could be in a very different place today...paralized, wheel chair bound, unable to speak or care for myself or in a nursing home.....but I'm home and sharing my tale with you.

I had heard about FAST about a month or two on TV...about what to do to recognize a stroke and how t o react..
    F=any drooping in any part of the face?
    A=can you raise your arms over you head and hold them steady?
    S=speech...any slurring or inablilty to make sense
    T=time.....call 911 immediately..a mistake is worth more than a life.

I'm the poster boy for FAST now.

It's a great Father's day

Boolit Master
    Good to hear/read some good news...
    Thanks for sharing the update!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

So glad to hear the good news. Gp

Boolit Grand Master

He was able to *** that here too guys. Glad he’s up and going again.