RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What, If Anything, Is Available In A Handgun That Can Handle 32-20 Rifle Only Loads?

Wildcatter,

Impressive results. especially those with that 140 grain bullet.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

I have a Ruger Buckeye and run heavy loads of H110 under a RCBS 115gr GC bullet. My only complaint is the revolver is so heavy. My Single 6 in .32 H&R sees lots more field time.

Boolit Master
    About the only modern handgun chambered for the 32-20 that I can recall is the contender. That was some time ago so don't know if the newer ones are still made for the 32-20. Frank

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thtexas View Post
    I have a Ruger Buckeye and run heavy loads of H110 under a RCBS 115gr GC bullet. My only complaint is the revolver is so heavy. My Single 6 in .32 H&R sees lots more field time.
    Yessir--those Blackhawks can be a boat anchor, for sure. I bought a good Galco hip holster that fits all of my single action Rugers with 7.5" barrels, and that helps a great deal.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

I grew up shooting my DAD'S SWEET WINCHESTER model 53 in .32WCF. We loaded a very hot load of 2400 under the LYMAN#311316GC cast of straight Linotype. It had a LYMAN Peep sight on it. If you unscrewed the Peep from the sight it became a great Jackrabbit gun.

He used the same load in a COLT OFFICIAL POLICE 6" bbl revolver. Recoil was a bit stout. About the same as a .38-44 load in a .38SPL COLT OFFICIAL POLICE 6" bbl.

I've shot enough HEAVY .32 H & R Mag loads in my 5 1/2" RUGER Single-Six to know if I need a hotter load, I'll go to a heavier gun.
    I ended up with the .38SPL COLT. I sure wish I could've got that .32WCF COLT too.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Well, I made my own 32/20 after having two of the Buckeye Specials, which of course had new model actions and I wanted the 3 click old model action. Took a 30 Carbine frame, which I had been shooting 32/20's in in the aforementioned manner, with a .311 bullet, and put a New Model 327 barrel on it, threads were the same. Then, got a cylinder from Brownell's, had it chambered by Alan Harton in Houston, Tx. and put them together, with a Super Blackhawk grip frame, to make a 32/20 Super Blackhawk. Would have liked to have done it on the smaller Blackhawk frame but already had the larger cylinder, so just went with the 30 Carbine frame. Did all the work but chambering it myself; here's a pic and it shoots great.

McLintock

Nice work that you did, too. That's a lot of handgun, in every sense of the phrase.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12