Load DataRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2PBcastcoTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: which Lee TLSWC does your Henry or Marlin like

Boolit Mold

which Lee TLSWC does your Henry or Marlin like

I'm trying to decide between a Henry or Marlin 41 mag or a Marlin 44 mag. I cast so I'm hoping that the one I choose likes one of the tumble lube SWC designs, preferably 210 gr in the 41 and 240 gr in the 44. Any replies are appreciated.

Thanks, Charlie

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    My Marlins are all micro groove and they do great with every Lee boolit I've tried. Is there a reason you need a tumble lube design? The conventional designs shoot great with a coatof LLA on them, 'specially the .30 caliber designs.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    My Marlins are all micro groove and they do great with every Lee boolit I've tried. Is there a reason you need a tumble lube design? The conventional designs shoot great with a coatof LLA on them, 'specially the .30 caliber designs.
    Thanks for the reply, I just though that the non-tumble lube would have to be sized first. Have you not had to size yours? Also I think the current Marlin has Ballard rifling don't they?

Charlie

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Sizing is usually not entirely necessary on lever action cartridges, in fact many rifles actually shoot better unzized. I have shot bunches of unsized Lee slugs in .38, .357, .30-30, and .45-70 Marlins. In general, if the loaded round chambers with no difficulty you are good to go. I think Marlin has used Ballard rifling exclusively in the pistol caliber rifles for quite some time now.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.