RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first Taurus...

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Try the Lee 356-102-2R in your .380. I never met a pistol that wouldn't function with it 100% and make small groups, from an LCP to Glock 42. I size 'em to .357 and load to .962 OAL over 3.1 grains Bullseye.
    Thanks, Ferguson. I need to acquire some more molds, anyway; you never have enough. I had been looking for a good 380 auto load.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

My wife has carried a Taurus CIA 850 revolver for years. There is no telling how many practice rounds it has had thru it. It is blued and looks almost new. Never has not had a single issue.

Boolit Buddy
    There is a guy that sells aftermarket triggers on Ebay, he also has a youtube channel. Goes by the name of Keeptinkering. I almost bought one of his triggers for mine but never did. The trigger on mine was so smooth after 3,000 rounds it was almost like the trigger on my AK. Long very very smooth pull with a barely noticeable break. One could imagine it being like a 4 pound double action revolver trigger.

Boolit Master

Rebate for 25 bucks for non stainless models (30 for ss) starts tomorrow. You can order the g2c online for 189 shipped if you look in the right places. That is 164 after rebate for those from KY (sorry inside hickok45 joke as he is from there as is all my family). Time for me to drink the coolaid and order one tomorrow. Hickok45’s only complaint on the pt111 (basically same firearm as g2c) was the trigger... From previous comments I would think some judicious polishing would solve this problem. For $164 there sure isn’t much risk.

Rebate form -
    http://ffb55a3eb2924fcc401d-2044d758...ebate-form.pdf
    Last edited by Kevinakaq; 03-28-2019 at 10:58 AM. Reason: clarify rebate and post link
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Master

I still have the Taurus and used it to help my girlfriend learn to shoot last month. She preferred my Glock 19 with the red dot sight, though...

Still has that awful trigger despite replacing the plastic striker channel guide with a stainless steel version for $20.

And my initial suspicions of the weak finish were well founded. It shows more wear than my oldest polymer pistol; a S&W M&P40 fullsize from 2007.

I would definitely go for the stainless slide version if I was to buy one again. And I've been tempted by the new .40 S&W version of it.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Banned
    I've said this many times before and it's worth repeating:

"Either you get a good Taurus or you don't." The question concerning a Taurus isn't, "Are Taurus guns good"? The question is, "Is MY particular Taurus good"?

I've seen good Taurus products and bad Taurus products, including ones that I've owned. I am no longer willing to play in the Taurus sandbox. Any manufacturer can turn out a bad product but my experience with Taurus is more like a coin toss with only two possible outcomes verses a deck of cards with only one joker. The odds of receiving a good Taurus just aren't high enough for me to be willing to take a chance on one.

The one exception I will note is the old Taurus model 85 revolvers. I've seen a lot of those go decades while giving yeoman like service.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123