Windows 10
    IRS has a warrant for my arrest
    Credit cards
    Siding
    Windows
    Gutters
    6 calls from Comcast- the guy barely knew English
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    My wife’s cellphone number ended up in the call queue for US Pharmacy, a bunch of Indian/Pakistani shysters trying to sell prescription drugs on line. For several months they would call and ask for “Marilyn” (not my wife’s name). They didn’t care that it was the wrong number, they would call multiple times a day. My wife would hand me the phone and I’d go to work:
    1. Tried to get a physical address. They hung up.
    2. Tied up the guy for a half hour ordering then tried to get address to send the check to. “We don’t accept checks” I replied “that’s good cause we don’t have any money”. They cussed me for “wasting their time” then hung up.
    3. I asked to speak to a manager. When he came on line I got his name, “Fred” or something. Told him to quit calling me, he cussed me and hung up.
    4. Asked for “Fred” everytime they called and tried to ruin his day. Sang The Star Spangled Banner loudly. He hung up.
    5. Said stuff about sacred cows I won’t print here. They hung up, my wife said “if we go to war with India it’s your fault”.
    6. Started crying when they asked for “Marilyn” and told them she died due to bootleg drugs. I hung up.
    7. Sang the Star Spangled Banner so they couldn’t get a word in several times. They hung up.
    8. They finally gave up

I’m now getting weekly calls from companies wanting to “help” me with student loans. I never borrowed a cent for tuition, never finished college. Now I’m spending my retired days lecturing them to quit their sinful ways get a decent job.

It aggravates me that they can spoof a local number or the phone rings once then I get a voice mail with a sales pitch. Their punishment should be locked in a room listening to me sing the national anthem badly for days. IMHO...
    Last edited by Rick R; 06-15-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Boolit Master

We still get calls, but our Public service commissioner has slowed them down a lot. He has an easy online system to report them, and once reported he does a good job prosecuting them.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    I'm retired now, so I take the time to report every call to the do not call registry. It makes me feel better.

Boolit Master

I get calls from local construction companies ; "We spoke to you last year,,,,,,,,yada,yada,yada?......... If all my Dr's, Insurance Co. & Phamacies could understand the CONCEPT of calling my cellphone, I'd just rip the house phone out a the wall.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Be careful a friend of mine gave a caller a hard time. For 2 weeks they drove her nuts calling all hours of the nite waking her up. She had to finilly take the phone off the hook.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Vendor Sponsor

we had 2 business lines .. were getting 20 to 30 auto dial calls a day. Switched over to VOIP lines (1-VOIP is the company we went with)
    they have NOMOROBO service along with manual blocking , black lists ect .. Now I might get 1 day... most days none
    I can go on their web site and see every incoming call number, location and length of call including all the blocked calls .. So far its been great. also saving over $150.00 a month verses the 2 business lines..
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

I put the phone next to a speaker and turn on either rush, red state radio, or mark levin.

They don't call back.

One of these days I'll cue up hillary or obama speeches. See what happens.

Boolit Master
    Got a call on my cell phone the other day. It was my cell phone number that was calling me. Obviously, I didn't answer. Mrs. smokeywolf got the call a little later (her number). It's a computer with the ability to spoof the number it's dialing.
    I suspect they're just trying to compile a list of valid numbers to sell to marketing companies.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    ve their "No caal list" but it doesn't do much. Our elected officials want campaign contributions from phone companies.

Boolit Grand Master

One thing to remember is these companies require xxx calls a day to be profitable. I keep them on the line as long as possible. ( I really like the ones that don't get there auto disconnects set correctly these Ive kept on the line and tied up for 45 mins or more). Other wise go to one of the choices and drag it out as long as possible tying them up and using up their time to make calls. Can you speak up I didn't hear you is good for dragging them out.
    The ones that truly annoy me are the banks and credit cards calling and asking for my wife ( She was killed in an auto accident in 2002). These I drag out and then give them the cematarys street address to contact her.

Boolit Master
    I have the most fun with the credit card / balance transfer ones; I say that my card is in my desk in the other room if they can wait a minute, then set the phone down for 4-5 minutes. If they're still on the line, I say I have the card etc. When they ask for the exp. date, I give one for last year; they point that out so I say, 'oops that must be the old card' and repeat the routine. Or give them a cc #, have them read it back to me, then correct them - again and again. Love this routine; if they end up losing it & swearing in Hindi at me, I consider it a job well done.

One guy was wondering why it took me so long to get the card; I told them it was in my desk at home, and I was driving that way. And added that home was 400 miles away, lol. Come up with a good script (that lets you spend most of the time w/ the phone down & doing other things), and you can drag them out for a long time.
    Last edited by Kestrel4k; 06-15-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Boolit Master
    At the rate I'm going, I'll be on the state 10 most wanted list soon. There must be 20-30 serious warrants out for me by now.

If a name or recognizable number doesn't come up on the screen, we don't answer it. That's what voicemail is for.

In Remembrance

I am glad that we have the caller ID option on our land line phone. When the phone rings, actually not very often anymore, if we don`t know the number or the name we just let it ring till my `I`m not here` message comes on. Most of the calls ring about 4 - 5 rings then stop, if they go all the 7 rings to get my message they usually cut out half way thru my drawl about leave me a message. I used to tell the caller, if indeed it was a human, that there was someone at my door and hold the line till I return - I sit the phone down and come back about 30 minutes later to just a dial tone. Lately the Robo`s are political parties wanting to know who I will be voteing for this year, or what my party affilation is, none of their darn business how I`ll vote!Robert

Boolit Master

the do not call list while a wonderful idea, like anything the gvmnt gets involved with, is worthless.

I've been getting calls that say "This is Mary from the credit department", then she stops and the phone disconnects. I can't figure that one out.

Boolit Grand Master

AT&T and Goggle Listing calls at least 6 times every day....I press the "take off the list" number every time...it must be broken!
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I don't have a land line, just cell. So i have my settings set that doesn't accept unknown numbers, it gets routed to voicemail. If its important, they can leave a message. Ill sometimes answer if im expecting a call otherwise you have to be in my phonebook or leave a voicemail. At a time I chose, my phone goes to the dont disturb mode where it won't make a peep to wake me other than for select people in my phonebook are allowed to wake me. I love it. Spammers can pound sand and I can continue to be interrupted.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Bub
    I talk to them, get them all worked up on a sale, and ask them to call me tomorrow at my work number-- then i give them the phone number to the local FBI office .
    Oh- and I use "Mr Number" app on my cell.
    Greg in West Mitten

Boolit Grand Master

I got the IRS spoof today. I don't get as many since I started explaining that Mr & Mrs ----- are both in a rest home and I'm just the care taker.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast