Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robocalls

Boolit Grand Master

Don't forget to whisper something to get them to listen intently before using the whistle.
    Don't most phones and such now have noise limiter circuits that even out volume levels? I used to use an claxton (auguaga for you young folks) horn to disuade party line snoops. One older lady even had the nerve to fuss at me for it.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Friend of mine claims that the world trade towers in New York were hit because of our giving the robo callers so much trouble that they had to retaliate somehow.

Boolit Master

If in front of the TV, I see who/what is calling, and if I don't know them, it rings 4 times and quits. If on the computer, I answer, say 'Hello', and if I get no response in about 2 seconds, I hang up...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by pressonregardless View Post
    I just got me a whistle, they don't seem to like it much.
    I have a whistle for the same reason. Funny thing is a buddy once asked why I needed a 'rape' whistle. I said the darn thing was broken. Kept blowing it, and it's never happened.
    I can not know what I don't know.

Moderator Emeritus

Modern phones have volume limiters...

Boolit Bub
    Was discussing this with a guy one time. He said if he thinks it will be a spammer he answers speaking Latvian. They seam to think they called Latvia by mistake.

Just throwing this out into the wind... I have heard that all these robo-****ers are getting paid even if the call isnt actually answered. If it goes to you voicemail (or you answer) THEY GET A FRACTION OF A CENT. Either way the technology aspect is costing us a lot of cash. If I dont know anybody from the state that is calling me, I let it go to voicemail. Period. Better safe than sorry. Once these guys know you actually exist (by answering your phone) they will add you to a LOT of their lists. I have pissed into the wind in my youth for the record. Max
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Boolit Master
    I cancelled the house phone because of nuisance callers................now everyone complains I never answer my mobile,and I cant be contacted............I say the mailbox is still nailed to the fence ,last time I looked.

I put an app called Mr Number on my phone. One of the options is to block anyone not in your contact list.

I went from 4-8 robo calls a day to none. No stupid calls interrupting my naps.

Gives you a list of all blocked calls you can scan once in a while. If you see a number you wonder about it is easy enough to google search it and see who it is.

Now my phone almost never rings, which is the way I like it. Works for me, YMMV.

Boolit Master
    it was on the local news that the irs calls were running heavy in south central pa.

Works don't it ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123