Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Sharps castings on Ebay

Boolit Master

Sharps castings on Ebay

I hope I am not violating any forum rules by posting this and I have absolutely no affiliation with this Ebay seller but I ran across a listing for raw Sharps receiver castings at only $100 each! He even has what appears to be a parts castings set with a receiver for $200. There were some High Wall castings (from a different seller I think but maybe the same guy) a couple of days ago for $175 but those disappeared almost instantly! This morning he still had 4 of those receivers left so I thought I would give a heads up, I won't list a link to the listing but it can be found by going to Ebay and simply searching "Sharps rifle raw casting".

Mods if this post is in violation of any rules pertaining to posting Ebay links then please delete it, I just thought this to be an exceptional deal on almost impossible to obtain rifle parts and just wanted let folks who might be interested to know about it..
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Boolit Master
    Looks interesting.I would prefer not to have the precast holes.I used to have a casting for a Sharps Borschardt receiver.It was just a solid casting that would have required the same machining as a forging.My employer gave it to me.After checking prices on Colt Sharps parts I gave it back.It was obtained when my employer bought a casting house.There was a lot of odd firearms related castings there.

Boolit Master

That receiver/parts castings kit is an especially good deal but even the receiver casting alone is a real bargain. He has apparently had these analyzed and lists the metal makeup and approximate tensile strength, apparently a mild steel casting that should machine quite well and be perfectly adequate for any BP loading with a generous safety margin and all but very hot smokeless loads, it should also color case beautifully. Just from the description I am guessing that these are old stock Story castings that have been out of production for a few years now, I wanted to buy a set (which was more than twice the price as this one even way back then) back before I retired but since I had no time to work on them then I hem-Hawed around and waited until it was too late, you snooze you lose as the old saying goes!

I have since just used raw bar stock and probably will still do so in the future but still that set is VERY tempting and I am considering buying one, the timing is right because after finishing my last scratch built High Wall I have been itching to do a Sharps. Odd that these are still available as the 4 High Wall castings that were listed for $175 (from a different seller I think) all sold almost immediately probably all to the same buyer, I expect the same to happen to these as it is extremely rare that castings sets show up on Ebay and rarer still that both Sharps and High Wall castings were listed at the same time! If anyone is contemplating building a Sharps better grab one while you can since these are scarce as the proverbial Hen's teeth and may never show up again, especially at these prices.
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot