MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load DataWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: Baikal M153 any good?

Banned

Baikal M153 any good?

A local shop has one on a sale rack real cheap. Normally not the kind of thing I'm interested in, but got into trying to call coyotes in and kill them with a shotgun when I got this place I live on now and I'd also like to give goose hunting a try when I can get to it (I see lot's of them during bow season).

Anyway, I have a beater Mossberg 835, but think an autoloader might be an improvement. The limited reading I've seen about them says they are butt ugly but reliable. Anyone have experience with one?

Banned

They work. I had one that I used for my goose gun beat around gun in the marsh. It had some sharp edges that needed to be filed down so they would not cut you but it worked 100% except for the Black Cloud 3.5". They were the first year the shells. Come to find out they were a little hot! 1.5 oz 1500fps! It would throw a flame about 2 feet out the front!

They would lock up the gun every once in a while. It would lock the bolt to the rear. Actually JAM it to the rear. I stopped shooting those shells and it never did it again. I sold it a few years later after I gave up waterfowl hunting. The one i had was the plastic black version. If you can get it cheap go for it. Mine would shoot everything but the cheap Win with the alum head shells.