RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2

Thread: Argintine

Boolit Mold

Argintine

I'm starting with 10grn of trail boss then increased to 11.6 does this sound right.I can't find any info but went with 308 load. Thanks

Hodgdon powder sit. 308 Trail Boss 150grn bullet start 10gr 1175fps max 14gr 1417fps. http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle

Boolit Buddy
    Case capacity is almost the same on 7.65 arg. And .308 win. Imr has the date for fill to base of bullet and multiply by .7 for start charge. Max is fill to base of bullet - do not compress
    Trail boss is the only powder this works for.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam20 View Post
    Case capacity is almost the same on 7.65 arg. And .308 win. Imr has the date for fill to base of bullet and multiply by .7 for start charge. Max is fill to base of bullet - do not compress
    Trail boss is the only powder this works for.
    And we're all ASSUMING that you're referring to the 7.65X53 Argentine Mauser cartridge here, since you did not specify.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Banned
    Last edited by Grmps; 06-15-2018 at 03:42 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    7.65x53 argentine
    Last edited by Adam20; 06-14-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Thank you I have the same manual ,but no trail boss loads.I've only been casting three weeks.I have shot a 1/2" group at 50 yards with imr 4198 23.5 grns with Lee 185 barrel 21.5 long in a sported stock,and Lyman sights but I'm 78 and no rotator cuff left in my shoulder ,the recoil herts so that's the reason for Trail boss. Thanks

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I tried trail boss out of ruger 77/44 and came to two conclusions. The loads were not that accurate and with max loads velocities were under a 1000 fps. More around 700 fps. In my opinion there was not enough velocity for a humane kill. I tried the lowest powder load using 19g of H110. I had a velocity of 1575 fps and I had to concentrate to notice the difference in recoil between my trail boss and minimum h110 load. The point of aim will definitely drop with the two loads as well. Trail boss makes a fun powder to plink with...my dads the same age and I load him trail boss for plinking and a normal load for hunting. His adrenaline goes up, he shoots once, and the deer is either down or gone and he doesn't notice the felt recoil from the excitement. FYI he has an argentine 7.65 Mauser he sold as a kid, I found it at the local gun shop 25,years ago and bought it for him. Wears a Williams peep sight. I dropped a deer with it years ago on dead run taking a coffee can sized hole out of its back. It's a wicked round. The rifle collects dust in my safe now. He shots a limited edition 7600 pump 35 rem with grey laminated wood I bought for him when they made a special run years ago. I need to start looking for dies, molds, and brass for that Mauser...along with a stock. He cut it down and butched it as a kid. I've also bought him a stap on shoulder pad and installed a Limb saver recoil pad on my Marlin 336 that takes a lot of the recoil out. I think they make a slide on recoil style limb saver pad. I use to have one and sold years ago or I'd send it to you.

Load up a couple 18 gr loads with your 4198 and test the felt recoil along with your trail boss loads. I bet you won't feel much of a difference.

I did the exact same thing last year loading up my 77/44 for my buddy's 12 year old first time shooting to brake him into recoil. He told my he couldn't feel the difference between 7.5 gr of trail boss and 19g of h110 loaded up with 270gr Lyman devastators.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-16-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Banned
    try 2400 12 grn 165 grn, love it in 30-06 (it's under the min suggested load; if you're not happy with it then work up from there

with trail boss, you measure how deep the boolit seats in the case and that's your max load

My joints are getting older. Last time I was working up a long range load for my 06 with 10 round ladder test my shoulder got very upset with me.

I found this Recoil Eraser - Slip On Recoil Pad, Gel Filled https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

abd it made a bunch of differance

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the help

Boolit Grand Master

If you're only shooting 50 yards for fun then try the Lee TL314-90-SWC over 3.2 gr Bullseye. Accuracy will be very good if not excellent at 50 yards. Velocity will be 850 +/- out of your rifle with little or no felt recoil. The bullets can be shot in the 7.65 Argentine as cast with just a light coat of LLA (let dry thoroughly before loading). If you use fire formed cases and drill the flash holes out with a #28 drill you won't have any case headspace problems. You also can just deprime, prime, charge with powder, thumb seat the lubed bullet and shoot them several times w/o having the size them (NS partial or FL). You'll also get twice as many bullets for the amount of alloy and 2 - 3 times as many shots from a pound of powder (2000+ shots from 1 lb of Bullseye).
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Mold
    I will be shooting in are club competition at 100yrds with metallic sights right now my best group is 1" to 11/4 with 23.5 grns of 4198 I started with 18 grns but the blowback was terrible face full gas and lead .I tryed 2400 16grns but dummy me I was dropping 26 grns went as high as 27grns had to go to the doctor ,to have my shoulder put back in
    place,all I can blame that on was a senior moment I've been loading since the early 60 and have never made a mistake like that.

Did someone call my name?

Which one of the Argies do you have? The 1891 or the 1909 model? The 1909 action is much stronger than the 1891 one, but in any case if the rifle was fired with stout loads it would be good to have it checked just to be sure it is still working OK.

Just my 2cts.
    "Skill is acquired not alone through practice but through the combination of study and experience" - P. Sharpe