RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationPBcastco
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: accurate #9 too quick?

Boolit Grand Master
    Zero experience with either the 7.92 x 33 or the 7.62 x 39. I can't be much help in dealing with this class of rifle calibers. They intrigue me a bit, as does the 6.8 x 43 SPC--but not enough to spend cash on rifles or ammo. I have enough calibers to ride herd on at present, methinks.

I also haven't given much thought to running castings in gas guns. I do not enjoy "The Chase" part of reloading as much as I once did, and prefer to spend my "chase" time pursuing game and varmints, rather than ballistic esoterica. I have sufficient bolt and lever rifles to keep me entertained with castings for a couple lifetimes. I mean no insult to those who still enjoy "The Chase", but it has gotten a bit stale for me.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

jaysouth
    Thanks for that link to Jr's info.
    I thought I had read all of his material as he "published" it, but obviously I missed at least that one
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    aa9 like 110 likes pressure to burn properly. Its not a great powder for lower pressure use. Great powder for any mag pistols and rounds like the 10mm, 50 beo and the 22 hornet. It is one of my used powders.
    Have to disagree there - #9 has been used quite successfully by many ASSRA shooters for plain-base-boolit Schuetzen loads, which barely reach 15,000 psi. Still my choice for .25-20 SS and .25-21 Stevens.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

I've used 12 and 13 grs of AA9 very successfully in a Savage 340 30-30 with Lyman 311466. Groups run in the 1.5" range@100yds. Ballistics very uniform with SD's of 15 fps.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12