MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger American Rimfire or Savage Mark II. Opinions?

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Awsome! I've read the 22 wmr is a little more accurate. Please prove what I've read wrong so I have to go buy one to sit with my 22 wmr. If you decide the trigger is still too heavy after dialing it down. It takes minutes to remove yours and polish with a dremel. I polished and removed a coil and a half out of my spring. I don't own a pull gauge but I would have to say it's a crisp 1lb. I would suggest to take the bolt apart and remove the nasty factory grease and replace with a good synthetic lube or grease to eliminate any soft strikes. I polished the internals when I had mine apart. You love that little gun. Happy shooting!
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 07-06-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Boolit Master

So far I'm really loving this gun. Its all a work inprogress, but it clearly likes CCI ammo. Both Mini Mags and Blazers will do 1/2 " for 5 shots at 50 yards if I do my part. I say "if I do my part" because my benchrest technique needs work. I don't care what anyone says, shooting groups off of sandbags is not easy!

Honestly, nothing shoots poorly yet. Every ammo type/brand I had on hand will stay under a quarter. Very often 3 or 4 would be very tight, but then a flier flew out. I have no doubts those fliers are me.

Next on the schedule is to cast up some weights (finally a use for zinc wheelweights!!) to glue in all those hollows in the stock. This should help steady things. I'm also going to fit up some quality irons (nothing wrong with the factory sights, just not precise enough) and this will be an understudy for my Highpower gun. I'm looking forward to some offhand work with it.

As soon as I figure out how to post pictures (haven't had time to try Imagur or something else since Photobucket got greedy) I will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12