Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationPBcastco
Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Husqvarna Model 46 Project

Boolit Master

For those of you who are shooting the NOE 285 grain in 0.368" using a wheel weight plus 2% tin alloy do you have a max speed where group sizes grow?
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    For those of you who are shooting the NOE 285 grain in 0.368" using a wheel weight plus 2% tin alloy do you have a max speed where group sizes grow?
    My alloy is close to that, and they're casting at 0.3685". As soon as I make sure the head spacing issue is dealt with, I plan on working up some loads with that bullet. Hopefully this week. I'll let you know what I find out.

If you powder coat, you can probably get away with near full power loads to be honest. 2200 FPS seems completely doable with a powder coated bullet. I've heard of people pushing them much faster than that.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by am44mag View Post
    My alloy is close to that, and they're casting at 0.3685". As soon as I make sure the head spacing issue is dealt with, I plan on working up some loads with that bullet. Hopefully this week. I'll let you know what I find out.

If you powder coat, you can probably get away with near full power loads to be honest. 2200 FPS seems completely doable with a powder coated bullet. I've heard of people pushing them much faster than that.
    That would be appreciated. I don't know if I have a bullet problem or a bedding problem , or both , I am getting some very large (18" groups)

I am sorting out some bedding issues created by the D.P.O. (Dispicable Previous Owner) who butchered the stock while attempting to bed the rifle
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345