Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Shoot my new challenger today

Shoot my new challenger today

Bought one with out sights . I new I would be scoping it for 25 -35 yard shooting . Cleaned the barrel and lubed the rifle . Trigger was set at 2.25 pounds so I left it alone . Adjusted the hammer travel and pre load spring to max power . 7.8 pellets are 640 fps and 10.5 cph are 540 tethered and regulated at 1500 psi . Since I am tethering I did not do a shot count per fill . At 1800 psi it had the 10.5 at 545 fps . Sighted it in on paper with the 10.5 at 25 yards . 3 shots dime size with non weighed or sorted pellets . Pulled the paper and shoot spinners for 3 hours with it . Was able to adjust the stock for a good fit and enjoyed a accurate shooting day with it . Marvin

Boolit Master
    Had to look that one up. Intresting gun.

There's nothing like a new gun to play around with .

It is a rifle that has found a way into youth 10 meter programs which has been dominated by single pump Daisy's . That can be a challenge for youngsters to pump while laying down . It is very ergonomically adjustable which several of my accurate rifles are not . But then it does cost a little more as well . Bought this one new off e-bay for about a hundred less than what PA wants . With its accuracy it has already taken a starling at 25 yards with a clean kill . It is quite enough that I have not had to LDC it even with me bumping up the fps . I picked it over a AA 10 meter because it can be tethered easily .It is made in the US by a company that supports youth groups through NRA . Marvin

Banned

I coach a JROTC air rifle team and we just received Crossman Challengers to replace the aging and problematic Daisy/Avanti 887s. so far, I'm pretty impressed with them.

I considered a Edge as well . Which is US made . But It would be awkward to tether . And I already have a ss talon with the sound lock kit in the frame regulated to 1100 psi . If I drop that to around 850 psi . it would lower me to about what a Edge is . But the SS should be quieter but will not be as ergonomically for sure . I will say that the SS is very accurate and might even be more so than the Challenger . Time will tell . But in truth my $ 160 Chief is right in line with both of them as far as accuracy goes . But it is hard for me to adjust to it .But once I do it is a accurate shooter . Marvin