Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Graf & SonsRotoMetals2WidenersStainLess Steel Media
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 92 Winchester .32-20

32-20 is a nice little cartridge, but has to be reloaded. Getting into it is not a big deal but it is surprising how it can add to the cost. I have a 32-20, Marlin 94, a 357 Rossi and a 22 mag Henry lever action. For me they all have the same use. The 32-20 is a great cartridge as is the 357 mag when reloading. I load the 357 Rossi with 125 grain cast at moderate velocities and the 32-20 with 120 grain cast at about the same velocities. I don't get excited about the 357 for deer as I an deer rifle poor and prefer other cartridges. For anything I use these rifles on the 22 mag works just as well.

Saying this because there are alternatives. I do not have a lot of practical use for these rifles as they are too big for rabbits and too small for deer. They will work for coyotes but I do not see a lot of them. They are fun to shoot and I carry them on my 4 wheeler and tractor. Basically I could get by with just the 22 mag. but the 32-20 and 357 were handy a while back when 22 mag ammo was not available. If you cast your own then they are also a bit less expensive to shoot. However I find the lack of need for reloading a bonus for the 22 mag.

DP

Boolit Master

Interesting point, Northnm, but I assume I'll be reloading anything I buy. Probably making brass, too - my last two were a 9.3x57 and a 25 Krag AI 40degree barrel for my Encore. Of course I also shoot the 32 short, a 10.5x47Rx16 2.5", an 8mmx63 (8mm-06) as well as the 32-20 and 25-20.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12