Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to have to start paying for lead.

Boolit Master
    I had to take time off when my aged mother got out of hospital,the place was so slack that the office never told the boss that I rang to tell them,and the young guys who wanted my job spread the word that I had a heart attack...When I went back,I was sent to a "quack" who did the company medicals..(unregistered foreign doctor),who was a complete idiot,wanted to send me to hospital in a ambulance,when my truck with all my tools and equipt was parked ouitside in the street.The young guys kept up the B/S that I had a heart attack...and even today the old boss (retd) asks me how my heart is going.When I quit ,the young guys found out who kept the place running after they busted everything with their carelessness..

Boolit Master
    I think a lot of the problems with modern management is that they no longer promote from the floor, because they require degrees for those positions. I have no problem with higher education, as I have some myself. However, we in the firearms community saw first hand what can happen when the Golden Boys at Remington thought that anybody can make a Marlin lever action rifle and moved production down to South Carolina. They didn't have the people who knew what to look for and how to fix it, and they really didn't have the smarts to figure it out for themselves.

Boolit Master
    Another problem where I was ,is that managers were made criminally liable for workplace injuries and environmental breaches.......the new manager was a complete idiot ,mainly because of the state of the whole operation......the new owners wanted the place cleaned up but with no reduction in the massive profits that cost cutting and safety and environment breaches had brought the two old guys who owned the business previously......It was a once a marvellous place.....a business with up to 100 employees run by two old time collector/hoarders,and a million ton of interesting old junk in the yard. And plenty of spares for the old plant and machinery.

Boolit Grand Master

I won't offer any legal advice but I hope you find gainful employment soon. I also hope you find a new source for lead. Good Luck on both accounts!

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    once had a boss tell me a job was more important than a family becouse if you don't have a job you can't support a family. next he told me i couldn't quit almost laughed myself sick out the door. always had a simple rule if i am not making you money then fire me if your not paying what i am worth i quit. and i give an employer the same considerations they would give me if i were fired about 5minutes notice. good for you family always coes first. jobs arnt hard to find if your willing to work.

Boolit Buddy
    I got into a philosophical discussion with my boss about company loyalty. His position was, and I disagreed, that his only loyalty was to provide the best job he could do and they had the responsibility to pay him. Once he got paid it started over. He ended up being right. And this was from the President of the company. He went on to own the company and left a multi-millionaire years later.

Boolit Master

his only loyalty was to provide the best job he could do and they had the responsibility to pay him
    I have to agree with that. I told a coworker a while back that my loyalty extends as far as my paycheck, as the company has proven their loyalty to us is just as shallow. True loyalty in the workplace seems to be a thing of the past.

I would like to be deeply loyal to the company that I've given most of my adult life to, but they have shown recently that loyal long time employees are merely corporate property to be used, used up, and disposed of as they deem fit. It's sad, really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12