Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends….I have called you friends… JOHN 15:13, 15
    Jesus does not ask me to die for Him, but to lay down my life for Him. Peter said to the Lord, “I will lay down my life for Your sake,” and he meant it (John 13:37). He had a magnificent sense of the heroic. For us to be incapable of making this same statement Peter made would be a bad thing— our sense of duty is only fully realized through our sense of heroism. Has the Lord ever asked you, “Will you lay down your life for My sake?” (John 13:38). It is much easier to die than to lay down your life day in and day out with the sense of the high calling of God. We are not made for the bright-shining moments of life, but we have to walk in the light of them in our everyday ways. There was only one bright-shining moment in the life of Jesus, and that was on the Mount of Transfiguration. It was there that He emptied Himself of His glory for the second time, and then came down into the demon-possessed valley (seeMark 9:1-29). For thirty-three years Jesus laid down His life to do the will of His Father. “By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren” (1 John 3:16). Yet it is contrary to our human nature to do so.
    If I am a friend of Jesus, I must deliberately and carefully lay down my life for Him. It is a difficult thing to do, and thank God that it is. Salvation is easy for us, because it cost God so much. But the exhibiting of salvation in my life is difficult. God saves a person, fills him with the Holy Spirit, and then says, in effect, “Now you work it out in your life, and be faithful to Me, even though the nature of everything around you is to cause you to be unfaithful.” And Jesus says to us, “…I have called you friends….” Remain faithful to your Friend, and remember that His honor is at stake in your bodily life.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Amen and thank you for a great lesson.

What a great lesson. Thank you.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, Ronnie. Great lesson. An awful lot of folks pay lip service to the Lord, but ask them to actually DO something for Him, and they very often balk. However, if you can get them to do one little thing, they can often (sometimes?) become a lot more willing to do more. Many churches don't seem to ask much of their members except to attend, so it looks good, and to chip into the plate so the bills can be paid. Real Christianity is a lot more than just that, though. We weren't put here to "enjoy life" but to live a life that makes a difference in the positive direction for the Lord. He went to a whole lot of trouble, and suffered a tremendous amount, and gave his very life trying to teach us what we're supposed to do, and not do. But do we listen or heed? Sadly, not nearly as often as we probably need to, at least in many cases. The funny thing is, if you can get folks to DO something, they usually actually wind up enjoying it, and enjoying life more than ever. Ain't it funny how that works?