Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Well.... guess I'll go see a Dr....

Boolit Master

Well.... guess I'll go see a Dr....

My wife, and family have finally convinced me it's time to go back to lettin' somebody practice medicine on me.... Got a first appointment sometime this next week... let's hope they get some of it right this time around...

Prayers would be much appreciated. I'm nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rockin' chairs....

God Bless, and One Love.

Richard
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Master

Prayers sent.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Moderator Emeritus

Father, Please be with Richard as he meets with his physician. Please give the physician the knowledge to heal Richard and give Richard the confidence that You working through the physician will treat and heal him. In Your name all is possible. AMEN

Good luck Richard! Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

We are praying for Gods direction for you.

I know how you feel.
    Prayers sent.

Banned

Praying for you Brother

I will add you to my prayers.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Richard I been praying for years you would do that and stay on the medicine they give you. it takes time to work.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I'm praying for you Richard . Life will get better , like Jim said it takes time . You have friends and support here and you know you can give us a call when you need a friendly voice on the other end of the line . I'm glad your taking charge of your situation , it sure shows progress .
    No turning back , No turning back !

in Remebrance
    Richard, GO to the doctor. I know how you feel worrying about whether he'll find something seriously wrong and at best wind up taking a handful of pills every day for the rest of your life, at worst changing your entire life style. The last is what happened to me, let that sucker put rods up my back, big mistake, didn't work. Before that it was cancer, the latest is heart blockages. Getting older sucks in some respects. In my case I get up and give thanks to the Lord for a new day and ask for guidance in using it. Then I do my best to be happy that day. I'm praying for God's guidance in your life. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent. I too have had too many health problems. Even though I'm blessed.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Father, Please be with Richard as he meets with his physician. Please give the physician the knowledge to heal Richard and give Richard the confidence that You working through the physician will treat and heal him. In Your name all is possible. AMEN

Good luck Richard! Paul
    And amen!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Thank you all. Well.... PTSD is noticeably worse, I have Chronic Inflammation, and the rest we will review "next visit" after I change diet and take meds he prescribed for the next month..... We won't talk about the scale, nor the fact that I now also have to see an eye doctor, and he wants me to go back to my oncologist for a checkup as well.... He looked at the list of things that have been "worrying" my wife and family and broke them down into basically three categories.

PTSD related
    Chronic inflammation related
    and "etc" that we still need to talk about...

Well, good Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise, this too shall pass. Shore looks like it's gonna be a hard row to hoe and a long walk back...

God Bless, and One Love.

Richard
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Grand Master

Richard, I'm not sure you are aware of how accurately you put this in your first post. Doctors literally 'practice' medicine. This is because, unless you have an identical twin, your physiology is unique in the universe. Doctors have a rough idea how medicines work in most people but, unless it is something they can measure in a test, they have no idea what is going on in your body until you tell them. Pay attention to what is happening, listen to and ask the family what they see in you, take notes, and give the MD the information he or she needs to make their next guess a more accurate one.

You are starting on a long process, there is no magic in the world. Prayer works, but we have to do our part as well.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Thank ya Wayne, I sure will keep on tryin'!

God Bless, and One Love

Richard

Boolit Master
    Quick update. The Dr's office called this morning, my blood tests came back, and they want me to go see a rheumatologist ASAP. Only took me my whole cotton pickin' life to get the doctors to finally listen when I say my joints and muscles have hurt my whole life.... So there it is, you keep on tryin' eventually they get the right diagnosis... Arthritis, like the whole family has, and like I been sayin' for decades. The end all and be all of the phonecall was his nurse sayin' "We don't know how you could stand the pain with these test results..."

Uh, yeah...

God Bless, and One Love.

Richard

Boolit Master
    Richard, don’t know you but glad that you’re getting treatment. When some treatment does not work, and that happens from time to time, don’t give up on the whole institution.

Praying for your healing, and relief of pain.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Richard God does not always use overnight delivery for healing, He works it out so we see his hand at work in each stage. You know it took 3 years for him to get me moving.
    I am praying for your total healing and you getting back to writing.