RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USA Saw Chain Beat Italian Grinder

Banned
    I used to have a fancy Dremel type chain sharpener that clipped onto your truck 12v battery. It worked surprisingly well for what it was and was borrowed often until it didn't come back.

What little I do with a chainsaw now the HF sharpener suffices.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    When Stihl brand chains got expensive about 10 years ago, I found Baileys.
    My close friend and I have a matching set of Stihl saws...one each of 16" and 20".

After I bought a couple woodland chains to tryout, I started ordering them by the 10 pak when on sale, I bet I've ordered 60 chains from them over the years for my friend and myself. Woodland chains cut and hold an edge every bit as good as Stihl chains, IMHO. But I should mention...not that it matters, but all my Woodland chains came in boxes that say Made in Canada.
    I bought a Stihl 038 Magnum. 4.4 cu in assembled in Brazil from German parts 22 years ago and it's been a great saw. Bigger fuel/oil tanks than the 044, 2mm bigger piston. It came with a rim drive, and is a 12,000 rpm saw. So how come Stihls are named in cubic inches?

Canada huh? I just checked and Woodland Int. is on all the boxes, it just gives Woodland Ca as an address. Their website looks a lot like Baileys except you need to log in as a dealer. Each sealed bag of chain I have says Portland Oregon, same on 4 different lots. Bailey's is likely having the chain made to order and may have more than one supplier or branches. They do a good job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wood3.jpg  
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Banned

im kind of lucky. My next door neighbor has a set up to sharpen chains for the loggers on there saws and processors and does it kind of as a side job. All I have to do is drop them off and walk across the road and pick them up when there done.

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    It goes entirely against the grain but I'm not going to be sharpening saw chain again. .
    As the result of buying a 20 Volt battery powered chain saw in 2018 and cutting roots of trees, I now have a cardboard box full of dull chains.
    I should throw them out, but I am hoping to give them to someone who still sharpens chainsaw chains.

Back in the 1960s we all sharpened our saws.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    As the result of buying a 20 Volt battery powered chain saw in 2018 and cutting roots of trees, I now have a cardboard box full of dull chains.
    I should throw them out, but I am hoping to give them to someone who still sharpens chainsaw chains.

Back in the 1960s we all sharpened our saws.
    Post in Helping Hands or elsewhere. As a result of Posts and PMs I am saving the chain and will give it away when there is enough to justify postage.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12