Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersReloading Everything
Lee Precision

Thread: Bird scare shells loads

Boolit Mold

Bird scare shells loads

Is it possible to reload 12 g shells for farm pest noise only loads
    The cost a fortune to buy and i reload myself so looking for any advice
    Thanks again

My advice would be ffg powder and tightly packed tissue paper soaked in light oil in an AA wad, crimed as usual. Clean your gun! If you are in town, the police will come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Contact local game warden sometimes they will get/give them to you.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    You’re looking to make bird bombs?

There are legal issues, but google is your friend.

Boolit Buddy
    Here is an old thread about black powder shotgun blanks. Bird bombs are different, and involve a projectile which explodes in flight.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/arch...p/t-143707.htm

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I can't remember the name of the company that made them but when I was employed in a gun store in the early 70's we sold 12 ga shells for chasing birds from crops. The shell was a air burst and it was also used by airports to clear runways. The initial charge was not that loud but the air charge was louder than any fireworks. Check with your local airports. Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Buddy

ReedJoseph.com for bird bangers and CAPAs. You will have to sign a statement of need and a release.

Boolit Master
    Active made them at one time, long defunct company.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Master
    Back when sanity prevailed re gun laws, one of my jobs was going out to the mine air strip and scare of the roo's and plains turkeys so the company jet could land, we were supplied an a5 Browning and some of those bird fright shells. I know of one guy who used to make his own but do not know how he did it. Regards Stephen

Used to make 12 gauge black powder blanks back in the 70's. I think I got the info from an old Dixie Gun Works catalog. I used Win. AA hulls with 60 grains of 3F (what I had, don't think granulation makes a whack worth of difference) cut the shot cup and legs off of AA wads. Seat cut wad over powder firmly, crimp with standard length crimp and shoot.

Shot at dusk/dark better be wearing sunglasses. Great flash/smoke.

Did it mostly to annoy a neighbor. Nasty old biddy. Called my mother up once, ordered her to order me to stop shifting my motorcycle right in front of her house. She just knew I was doing it intentionally just to annoy her.

I have never missed a shift in front of her house coming or going on the motorcycle(s) for the last 40+ years since that phone call.

1980s New Mexico I was on my knees in a field of alfalfa setting gophers traps when a guy in a Conservency pickup stopped on the road a couple hundred yards from me. There was a flock of Greater Sand Hill Cranes in the next field. Probably didn't see me and fired one of those rounds that (Cajun Shooter mentioned above) was headed in my direction. The round was doing a loop de loop right at me making a loud wowr wowr sound then boomed loudly. Now that will get your blood pumping real quick. He never did see me as I was still flat on the ground as he left. The Conservency group controlled the irrigation ditches and the water usage and chased away the ducks and geese and Cranes. Also paid a bounty on gopher tails.