Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersPBcastco
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miroku 1892 - 44 Mag

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Japan turns out some great firearms. I have nothing but praise for my Howa 1500 and Browning BLR.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Boolit Buddy
    Here are some picture of the .45 Colt fired in Winchester/Miroku chambers. Distance was 25 yards off hand with my 16" trapper length '92. I was firing factory American Eagle 225 grain JSP, recovered bullets weighed from 215-218 grains.
    The second picture is as good as I can get, trying to show the soot marks on the cases. Case on the far right was fired through an old model Vaquero. As you can see the soot goes further back on the Miroku fired brass. I wasn't thinking or I'd have tried to take a picture of the case bulge while I was out.

Boolit Master

I need to get mine out. I bought it thru a friend at work. He had a friend that couldn't get it to shoot. He sold it to me for $300 and included a bag of reloaded cartridges. I shot about 4 rounds thru it and couldn't hit a paper plate at less than 50 yards. Went back home and looked down the barrel. No rifling. Started in with Ed's Red and Chore Boy wrapped around an old brush. Took about an hour and lots of strokes to clean the lead out. It was unreal how much lead was in that barrel.

Immediately started pulling bullets from the loaded ammo that came with the gun. Melted the bullets down and used the powder on the lawn since I couldn't ID it. Ended up with approx. 400 pcs of brass. In the meantime my interest drifted somewhere else. I need to get it out and slug the barrel and see if I can work up a load. I've got several molds including some old Lee GB 6 cavity molds. I've got grandsons that would love this thing.

I have to agree with those who admire Browning/Miroku rifles. I've got a Browning Model 71 .348 and a Model 95 in .30-40 Krag. Both joined the herd after I saw the workmanship on the 92.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by HawkCreek View Post
    Here are some picture of the .45 Colt fired in Winchester/Miroku chambers. Distance was 25 yards off hand with my 16" trapper length '92. I was firing factory American Eagle 225 grain JSP, recovered bullets weighed from 215-218 grains.
    The second picture is as good as I can get, trying to show the soot marks on the cases. Case on the far right was fired through an old model Vaquero. As you can see the soot goes further back on the Miroku fired brass. I wasn't thinking or I'd have tried to take a picture of the case bulge while I was out.

Thank you sir for those pictures. Soot definitely is more pronounced in the 1892... I am still waiting for the 45 colt to show up in stock in Winchester 1866 Deluxe. They brought out 44-40 and 38 spl but I passed on those.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12